What's new

Discussion Will I get banned for modding the campaign achievment to get dare?

• Thread starter pakar45
  • Start date
  • Views 2,132
pakar45

pakar45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I was wondering if I just modded one achievment on campaign,the one to get dare, and I say it was online, because I am using the profile editor v2.. so yeah, and I don't actually have the campaign beaten on legendary, what is the chances of me getting banned? Also, what kind of ban EXP,matchmaking,or Xbox live? Is it for the console or just the profile?

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Chances are that you will not get banned.

But if anything were to happen of banning, it would be a suspension from Matchmaking or a Gamerscore reset.

pakar45

pakar45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well umm would it be for the whole console or just the profile? and for the matchmaking suspension, profile or whole console?

Also will someone probably make a film editor, that will make us play as grunts, in ODST firefight?

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If you get banned it will be your profile.

It's rare if you get a console ban.

And about the film, I doubt it.

pakar45

pakar45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thanks, because I have 3 live profiles, and well umm I am going to use my smallest/worst one,I barely ever play on it, so it won't be a console ban?

will I still be able to play with friends on live on firefight if I do get banned on that profile?

Ibot peaches just said I will get banned, because the achievment time and game will be looked for on bungie.net, and then they will ban u, but I just asked him if it will happen if I do it offline will it still happen?

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope it wont be a console ban. But remember to be very careful because MS might catch up on you and will actually give you a ban. All of this Profile Editor stuff isn't safe so be careful.

And no you will not be able to play live.

No. The only time Bungie will ban you for modded achievements is if you mod any online ones, like Vidmaster and what not. But it's still Bungie, they can do whatever they want.

S

Shattered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why do you people need to mod campaign achievs?! Are you really so bad that you can't beat this game on Legendary? I could understand solo, its a slow go with a lot of popping, which may not be up your ally but if you have even 1 friend with you to spawn with it is a breeze!

Save the modding for stuff you regularly can't do, for everything else why bother?

pakar45

pakar45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was doing it on solo, and my friend who wanted to do it with me can't get online :|

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Modding is always dangerous. There are chances you will or won't get banned. It's all a matter of luck.

ttrever

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay whenever you mod it can get you banned, it clearly says in the rules "no exteral software or hardware can be used if so the said person will be banned."

Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
pakar45 said:
Well, I was wondering if I just modded one achievment on campaign,the one to get dare, and I say it was online, because I am using the profile editor v2.. so yeah, and I don't actually have the campaign beaten on legendary, what is the chances of me getting banned? Also, what kind of ban EXP,matchmaking,or Xbox live? Is it for the console or just the profile?

No u won't. i modded my achievments on my other acc....it worked

Top Bottom
Login
Register