What's new

Discussion Will Backwards-Compatibility ever be available?

Skate Or Die!
Journalist Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Discuss...

Meloo

Meloo

New York Knicks
Donator Forum Addict Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
And im sorry once this happens PS4 will be blowing Microsoft out of the water, I know so many people refusing to update to lose certain games.

checkm8

checkm8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gaikai is the only way it will be "bc" They stated before that it would be impossible to be able to play a ps3 game because of how different the two systems are. Also apparently they lost a lot of money on the bc version of the ps3 so I doubt they would every make a true bc ps4

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Will there be a game list released ?

I'm sure a few months before the launch of Gaikai we will hear something from Sony.
We'll probably see The Last of Us and GTA V available in the first wave of games if I had to guess.

Zacky MT

Zacky MT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony is going to lose money. Gaikai isnt going to handle so many people. Also you are streaming game and most of the gamers wont be able to use. Sony needs to drop gaikai.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony is going to lose money. Gaikai isnt going to handle so many people. Also you are streaming game and most of the gamers wont be able to use. Sony needs to drop gaikai.

And what makes you think that?

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No, because they didn't have backwards compatibility in mind when developing the Wobble. They are going to use Gaikai because it'll be a separate service they can update later and bring in more support. Look what happened with Xbox 360 and PS3, not everything was capable, so Gaikai will at least bring more working titles. But let's not forget, they can sell the games back to you via a service, selling you what should already come with the system!

THANKS SONY, YOU'RE ALWAYS ABOUT THE CONSUMER!

Top Bottom
Login
Register