• Thread starter Ellie_Goulding
  • Start date
  • Views 426
E

Ellie_Goulding

Leader of EliG clan
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically I have wifi in a suburban area, unfortunately I used to get speeds of 45mps on wifi but now due to my neighbours all using wifi daily to download and probably stream netflix my speeds are around 19 mbps and can drop randomly to like 1mbps for a few secounds. Not ideal for online gaming. Sometimes my connection will drop long enough to kick me out of a game losing all my progress. I put my network on channel 13 (least congested, wifi app rated every other channel 1 star 13 was 4 star out of 10) and my pc was back up to 45 mbps speeds. The only problem is my old laptop i need to use occasionally from 2005 does not connect/find our router. Is there away to make old devices connect to channel 13 manually. Can I do this and why is it not connecting. I got a warning whdn I changed it saying some devices might not connect.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
A Federal Communications Commission (FCC) document clarifies that only channel 14 is forbidden and furthermore low-power transmitters with low-gain antennas may legally operate in channels 12 and 13.[14] However, channels 12 and 13 are not normally used in order to avoid any potential interference in the adjacent restricted frequency band, 2,483.5–2,500 MHz,[15] which is subject to strict emission limits set out in 47 CFR §15.205.[16]

Source: Wikipedia

Ephemera

Ephemera

This is my part nobody else speak
Reaction score
Sin$
To avoid congestion use either channel 1, 6, or 11. Not sure about channel 13 in the UK but it is illegal to use in the US. To be able to receive support easily I suggestion you switch to one of those 3 channels as they generally are the standards.

Top Bottom
Login
Register