Wierd Problem With Downloads From Marketplace

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Mast3rrModder, Feb 17, 2009 with 11 replies and 354 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay so I'm having this weird problem where things aren't showing up that I've downloaded from the marketplace.

Lemme just start with the whole story.

Okay, so I got some microsoft points hoping that i would be able to go home and use them to change my gamertag and get who knows what else.

But to my surprise when i got home there was this dumb status code because of some misfortunes with my whole email information (password) so apparently i called MS before about this issue and they locked my account. Which then meant that i couldn't redeem the code for MSpoints, Gold Cards, etc.

So from there i finally figured out just to make a new account and use the MSpoints on there.

Okay, So this now meant i couldn't change my gamertag, but oh wells.

So I went on this huge shopping spree downloading mostly gamerpictures:thumbdown:frown:i know)

So I went back on my other profile to see if the pics showed up, they did.

But then my friend had this wonderful idea that we could go into the marketplace and click "download again" on all the arcade games he had bought, gamerpictures too.
    And to our surprise it worked! I got all the gamerpictures he had, and arcade games.

Okay, so here's my problem, about a month later i notice that all the gamerpictures i had downloaded from my account weren't showing up on my original account.

But the gay thing is, that when I go looking through my hard drive under "Gamer Pictures" I can see all the gamerpictures I have.

Now, what i'm asking is, Is there any way to download something from another profile onto your hard drive and use it on your Original Profile?

E.G. My friend wants to give me 800 MSpoints for my b-day, but the only ones he has are the ones that are already on his profile. Will it work on my original account if i download the stuff i want from his profile onto my hard drive?

P.S. Is there any way to like copy or move the gamerpictures so that they ALL show up when i look through my list of Gamer pictures on my original account?

If anyone can help me that would be outstanding!:thumbup::thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Lets explain how some content works, if it belongs to your console, anyone on that console can use it, but if it doesn't you have to sign into Live on that account to use it. There is more information under usage restrictions under the "Confirm" button.

"Downloading" something from another profile onto your hard drive may or may not work depending on the licence. If it belongs to your console, it will work, but if it doesn't nope.

For gamerpics check out this:
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/115497-add-any-gamer-picture-free.html

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ahhhhh, i see that explains everything...thanks!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ABKx AuToMaTiC

ABKx AuToMaTiC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im the friend he was talking about and my side of the story is that i gave dooblestank my account and of course had everything i bought on that account on my hard drive, but had got "HACKED" from a microsoft point gen and called MS and locked my account just like dooblestank's and made a new account just like dooble. After he downloaded my account tho i tryed to use the microsoft games that were on my consol before dooble downloaded them but it said i didnt have the full game only the tryal but on dooble's account he has all of the games and none of the tryals....... it only sais i have the full game when im loged on that account and is realy :cursing:...

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol kenny, the usage restrictions are whats holding everyone back from doing it.:thumbdown:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ABKx AuToMaTiC

Ratings:
    well thats gay so i cant get the arcade games unless i log on?

7. OP
    Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, I think that might be the case.
    Try logging on one controller with futtbucker
    and try playing the games on blazed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ABKx AuToMaTiC

Ratings:
    ive tryed that but one i leave the arcade game and log off that account, its a tryal, i can log on get the full version running and log off but that only lets me use it till i close it....

9. OP
    Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's spelt *Trial* lol

10. ABKx AuToMaTiC

Ratings:
  11. amagoo

amagoo Newbie

Ratings:
    hey

anyone else have issue with xbox not connecting?

12. OP
    Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Why don't you make a new thread about this? lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.