Widows Media Player issues/

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by DEATH x Valor, Jun 29, 2009 with 4 replies and 140 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I recently bought a movie at an Online store.
    I don't know what the problem is exacly but to put it simple, I can't play it.
    It's telling me I need to intall and upgrade the security component for WMP. Of course when I click upgrade, it "encountered an error". I then go to the web help option Microsoft Windows Media - Web Help
    Here it says that I can click the link to upgrade the Security Component, when I whent there the Upgrade button was greyed out. After some searching I found a way around that problem, I click the upgrade button and I told me thing were ok now. Of course things aren't ok and it's still giving me that bs error message.
    This is what I get for doing things the legal way<_<
    If anyone has encountered this problem before and found a way to fix it, please tell me.
    PS: I've also done a bunch load of things to sort out the DRM file (renaming..resetting and deleting ect.)

2. Zer0-One

Zer0-One Experienced Member

Ratings:
  3. OP
    DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I normally use VLC, but I didn't think it retrieved the licence or whatever to let me view what I just downloaded. I tryed playing it in VLC and all I get is weird colored pixels and stuff with no sound. I could try finding a codec pack I guess.. just incase, but it looks more like its an encrypted file.

4. Zer0-One

Zer0-One Experienced Member

Ratings:
    i say get a new file. what movie is it btw? you could probably just get it from mininova.org using Utorrent.

5. OP
    DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well...erm..it's called My Home videos 3. The customer support people just said call Microsoft Support. No point in doing that, so my last option is to find out how to hack encrypted/protected/whatever files:S And I don't think that's going to happen in the near future...