Unsolved Why's My CPU Always So Hot?

• Thread starter John_
  • Start date
  • Views 394
J

John_

Y E E T
Reaction score
I installed 2 fans yesterday and it brought down my overall temps except for my CPU temps. My CPU is still getting very heated (80-90C while gaming)
I took off the CPU cooler and took off the thermal paste (I accidentally put too much on) but that didn't seem to make any difference.
I am using the stock Intel cooler.
It ranges from 40c to 50c while i'm just browsing youtube, Reddit, etc.

H

Hende

PC Master Race
Reaction score
Stock coolers from intel aren't great, especially for gaming.
I have a 4790K and upgraded the cooler straight away. 4790's are known for getting quite toasty.

Maybe go for something like this: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
I use this one and idle at roughly 40c and under full load (stress test) max out at roughly 70c (fan is not at max speed).

Last edited:
J

John_

Y E E T
Reaction score
Stock coolers from intel aren't great, especially for gaming.
I have a 4790K and upgraded the cooler straight away. 4790's are known for getting quite toasty.

Maybe go for something like this: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
I use this one and idle at roughly 40c and under full load (stress test) max out at roughly 70c (fan is not at max speed).
You got any suggestions for a budget cooler?

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Intel chips always run hot as hell unless you delid them. Stock coolers usually cannot maintain boost clocks on most Intel chips unless you have insane airflow in your case.

I do not recommend delid but I would recommend like a Cryorig M9 or H7.

Yea The 212 EVO is one of the best 'cheaper' coolers you can get.
No its not. It was a decade ago now its considered garbage. It should cost $20 without rebates not $30-35 and sometimes having a rebate. Its overpriced by 50% if it was $25 it would be fine.

$20 air coolers like the Cryorig M9 out perform it while producing half the noise.

$35 coolers like Cryorig H7 have the same costs and outperform it greatly.

The 212 is outdated.

You got any suggestions for a budget cooler?
Cryorig M9i for $20, Cryorig H7 for $35

Benchmarks

Noise levels at 100% fan speed

6 Decibels louder may not sound like a lot but Decibels are exponential every 10 points is 100% more noise.

So 6 Decibels = 60% louder.

Despite the Cryorig H7 saying its 43db max remember the H7 is a far stronger cooler so its unlikely to need to be at 100%.

But the M9 and 212 are similar power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom