What's new

Discussion Why you are hated if you are 2010, play with M16, etc.

• Thread starter Wheez1026
  • Start date
  • Views 666
W

Wheez1026

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I'm going to attempt to get this straight, because apparently people don't understand what the hell a reputation is. All through life people get reputations, and they could possibly gain them for no reason.

I'll start with a regular old high school. One popular guy goes and hangs out with a bunch of people that are considered "loosers." This makes for a sticky situation, because the popular guy, if seen with them, could become unpopular, simply because of the reputation that the group upholds. Same thing goes with EVERY other stereotype.

M16/FAMAS/M9 Raffica users

These guns are very efficient when used in-game, and usually get a one shot kill. There are a couple reasons people use these guns, and I'll only state the main two. There is the one guy who picked up a M16A4 and goes around killing people saying "Oh my god this gun is so easy to use! I don't need to do anything to get kills!" Then, you've got the guy using the M16A4 because he can use it tactically. When running in S&D, he can use his RDS/ACOG to see enemies near the bomb site(s). Person A likes the gun because it's a 1 shot kill, and person 2 likes the gun because it gives him more range/accuracy. It's the same gun, but two POV's. This is why the old saying "don't hate the player hate the game" is very obsolete in MW2.

Thermal scope users

When people use the thermal scope against me, I only get pissed off depending on how he killed me. Some people with thermals use a smoke+thermal combo to get some easy kills just by laying down and throwing on grenade. This is a decent tactic, but should only be used sometimes. An example would be if you are playing Domination and someone goes to C on Favela. You're up top on the roof, and if you don't want to be seen by them just pop a smoke and let 'er rip. That, to me, would be relatively fair. But, because people have a reputation to camp, throw smoke grenades and get 5 easy kills, people don't like this attachment. Once again, it's all about reputation.

"Join date: Jan 2010"

This is the most debated on the forum. When the XP Lobby got big, a lot of people told their friends and released it all over the internet that 7S was doing this for FREE. This caused a good wave of nubs to come running to the site for the Lobbies. However, in the mist of these god forsaken kids, came a few willing to help. I've seen a couple of XP lobbies even hosted by Jan 2010'ers. But, if you post "Wow, this is interesting. I'm going to try to find some glitches myself." and you are 2010, you aren't worthy of a thanks compared to a person who joined before Dec 2009. Once again, reputations.

Kids playing MW2/Halo/Etc.

No, just no. There are a few kids who play this game and are decent, but most don't know strategy or team work. (which usually links M16A4/FAMAS/M9 Raffica to younger players). If you want to be respected on XBL (even though no one really cares), you should be cooperative. Join a team, get a MIC. Most kids on xbox live tend to scream, complain, talk to their mom on the mic, etc. And that's where you get your reputation from.

Campers

Strategic defending is different than camping. I'll use the favela example stated above. Above C is a very nice spot to defend your positions (If you have captured C and B). It gives you a easy defense to the people trying to get to B via rooftops, but it doesn't help on the ground, that's where teammates come in. You need to cooperate, look at your map/mini-map, and don't just assume that that one teammate sees the enemy. Camping is sitting in a corner, waiting for someone while you have HBS and silencer. You aren't camping when you are defending a building with your team, or covering your team while you snipe. I'm not going to be redundant with the word "reputation" on this paragraph, so you know why people yell at you for helping your team.

Noob Tubes and Thumpers

This is probably one of the most shunned upon attachments/weapons in the game. You can use it to clear out campers, or you can use it to spawn kill. These are really the only two I've ever seen it used for. For example, I start a TD match on Invasion and I see noob tubes at the beginning of the game come flying across the map. That's not cool, it's f*cking lame. The people using their noob tubes to clear out a HBS/silencer guy is getting b*tched at because he's helping his team.

Tl;dr reputations suck.

X

XovreS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hate only the following:

• People who can't use the search function.
  • Five word threads begging for lobbies.

Sometimes I also hate people who don't know how to use the search function as well. The rest that you have mentioned aren't bad at all.

PrfctionIsFlawd

PrfctionIsFlawd

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a Jan 2010 and people like me. Well...they like my kitty...not necessarily me.

For the camping thing, even if you sit in a place for 10 seconds, people accuse you of camping, and they always will. But really, what do they want you to do, run out in the middle of the map and say kill me please? I don't think so.

And on your other rants about guns/attachments: If infinity ward did not want you to use them, they would not have put them in the game. People complain that you use thermal, but the other person could easily put on cold blooded. If you use a nube toob and they complain, they should have used a blast shield. Infinity ward made the game pretty balanced so things like this wouldn't happen. The only reason it does, is because people are too dumb to realize that it is their own fault and it could have been prevented.

I'll leave you with this: If I gave you a choice to use infinite nukes or infinite counter-uav's, most people would choose the nuke because if it is available, why wouldn't you use it?

B

BlueDevil

Reaction score
Sin$
Im a "2010" but dont give a **** about 10th prestige, why not just stay at another prestige if you want to stay at level 70? Idk why people want to risk getting banned for getting 10th prestige from modded lobbies? If you are legit 10th prestige and say have played 25 days, its hard for IW to ban you if youve played that long because its possible your legit. Regardless, kids are still going to play. It is a video game...video games appeal to kids, some like tactics/war games so they play COD or halo.

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im just going to say straight up that when i get sniped by a Thermal through a forest, a tiny crack, and the top of my helmet which shouldnt even be white, and they get a headshot really pisses the hell out of me.

X

XovreS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MaddenGunnar94 said:
Im just going to say straight up that when i get sniped by a Thermal through a forest, a tiny crack, and the top of my helmet which shouldnt even be white, and they get a headshot really pisses the hell out of me.
Ok all of that was starting to make sense until the whole getting shot in the helmet and getting a headshot part...Do I even need to say it? :tongue:

W

Wheez1026

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It wasn't a rant, and I agree with Gunnar94, this happens to me all the time on estate.

B

BlueDevil

Reaction score
Sin$
Wheez1026 said:
It wasn't a rant, and I agree with Gunnar94, this happens to me all the time on estate.
It happens to me on wasteland, not so much estate.

X

XovreS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wheez1026 said:
Nah I was just pointing out the end of his statement, I hate it too, but it's just funny the way her worded it. It sounds as if he hates how getting shot in the dome piece warrants a headshot. lol

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XovreS said:
Nah I was just pointing out the end of his statement, I hate it too, but it's just funny the way her worded it. It sounds as if he hates how getting shot in the dome piece warrants a headshot. lol
Thanks for agreeing Wheez and lol no i was not insinuating i hate getting shot in the dome i was just saying thats what usually happens. It happens the most on Rundown, Estate, and Wasteland.

O

ownage100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think thermal is 'ok' on some maps like Wasteland, or Underpass because it is really dark on those maps and its hard to see. I hate it when people use thermal on clear maps like Skidrow. I also hate it when they use it on something other then sniper, but that's just me.

M V P

M V P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thermal was introduced again to cater to noobs. That is all they did with mw2 they just catered to **** people to make sure that when they give IW more money they will not get pissed off because they suck and be happy because they can kill skilled people by using things like M16s, Thermals and HBS. Thermal are for people that can't snipe. I hide sometimes on wasteland with my Intervention FMJ in a really well camouflaged spot. Im looking round for a sniper then boom! I get sniped. Guy just looking down his thermal spots this big MASSIVE bright white glow. SO wait? Now snipers suck so bad in Mw2 Im supposed to have cold blooded on to hide me from **** noobs who cant see when sniping? **** off. CoD4 1 - 0 Mw2.

W

Who is Goody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tldr.

But yeah, nubs are lame and junk, but it's a game and if it gets you all worked up maybe try something else other than a OMP game?

Commence with the flame.

S

silentchaosgt

Reaction score
Sin$
IMO noobs with thermals are easy kills. i always run coldblood with the wa2000, i run thermal on wasteland and underpass due to the low visibility it really helps you see further. most snipers running thermal seem to be unable to see you if you have cb even though cb just makes you a dif color...still just as visible. snipers arnt noobs for running thermal, snipers run thermal because they are noobs though, lol.

as for the famas/m16 i think its the same way as a thermal, alot of noobs use them because they suck but great players use them aswell.

P.S. i think the acr is actually the biggest noob gun, for people that cant control recoil yet.

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
silentchaosgt said:
IMO noobs with thermals are easy kills. i always run coldblood with the wa2000, i run thermal on wasteland and underpass due to the low visibility it really helps you see further. most snipers running thermal seem to be unable to see you if you have cb even though cb just makes you a dif color...still just as visible. snipers arnt noobs for running thermal, snipers run thermal because they are noobs though, lol.

as for the famas/m16 i think its the same way as a thermal, alot of noobs use them because they suck but great players use them aswell.

P.S. i think the acr is actually the biggest noob gun, for people that cant control recoil yet.
But u cant go running around on core with a cold blooded intervention. As for the ACR i think they balanced it good enough without anywhere near the damage as other guns have. Damage for less recoil i think is very well balanced. Just an opinion.

Top Bottom
Login
Register