• Views 15,551
Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel like I need to express my opinion for this topic. Lets start at Point A. Cheating in a video game does not always show your personality. I'm going to take the side that I enjoy cheating. That doesn't make me a dishonest, deceiving nor swindling person. With your statement you say that I am. Prove to me how I am a dishonest swindling or deceiving person. Can you? No you can't. Then there is the fact that modding is illegal. Any modifications to the game are unacceptable no matter how significant they may be. How is being a criminal better than being a cheater? General assumptions about a community or a group of people is childish. Which is ironic because you try and act as if you are much older than you actually are by acting "mature". Now lets move on to Point 2. Your Point 2 is actually a cliffhanger. First your starting off by saying "The Halo 2 rank you carry is to show others your skill level on the game.". Which is your first implication that you think all these so called "cheaters" are no good at the game. So presumably there "legit" rank is quite low. Then you go on telling about how a person could have respect towards one with a higher rank than theres. So you go on then they start to play a game. All you say is that the person will no longer have respect for the person with the higher rank because they will find out how they got it. You never said how they found out. Do to your passion for hating cheaters your are trying to indirectly imply that the cheater lost by a significant amount reverting back to your other stereotype that cheaters are bad players. Now lets move on to Point 3. Point 3 is also another seeming less opinion of yours. Your assuming for the general population that cheating is not fun. Which isn't true. Everyone has there own tastes. There are also people who enjoy wining no matter how they have attained it. Thats there choice. Nothing for you to interfere with. Thats all I have to say.

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Psycho Homer said:
I feel like I need to express my opinion for this topic. Lets start at Point A. Cheating in a video game does not always show your personality. I'm going to take the side that I enjoy cheating. That doesn't make me a dishonest, deceiving nor swindling person. With your statement you say that I am. Prove to me how I am a dishonest swindling or deceiving person. Can you? No you can't. Then there is the fact that modding is illegal. Any modifications to the game are unacceptable no matter how significant they may be. How is being a criminal better than being a cheater? General assumptions about a community or a group of people is childish. Which is ironic because you try and act as if you are much older than you actually are by acting "mature". Now lets move on to Point 2. Your Point 2 is actually a cliffhanger. First your starting off by saying "The Halo 2 rank you carry is to show others your skill level on the game.". Which is your first implication that you think all these so called "cheaters" are no good at the game. So presumably there "legit" rank is quite low. Then you go on telling about how a person could have respect towards one with a higher rank than theres. So you go on then they start to play a game. All you say is that the person will no longer have respect for the person with the higher rank because they will find out how they got it. You never said how they found out. Do to your passion for hating cheaters your are trying to indirectly imply that the cheater lost by a significant amount reverting back to your other stereotype that cheaters are bad players. Now lets move on to Point 3. Point 3 is also another seeming less opinion of yours. Your assuming for the general population that cheating is not fun. Which isn't true. Everyone has there own tastes. There are also people who enjoy wining no matter how they have attained it. Thats there choice. Nothing for you to interfere with. Thats all I have to say.

Modding Halo 2 is not illegal. Selling mods, playing mods on Xbox Live is illegal. Which is why you get banned for it, and you don't get anything when you don't mod on live =\

Also, do you even know what the definition of cheating is? It is wrong. You cheat to get an unfair advantage at the game at an attempt to win. Don't deny it, it is wrong.

I will not stand by watching people who can't help them selves enough to not cheat a a video game, abusing the work of very intelligent people who invent modding, giving us a bad name. No cheater has ever helped the community, not in any way. They leech off our hard work, and use it to their advantage.

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Zone 117 said:
Modding Halo 2 is not illegal. Selling mods, playing mods on Xbox Live is illegal. Which is why you get banned for it, and you don't get anything when you don't mod on live =\

Also, do you even know what the definition of cheating is? It is wrong. You cheat to get an unfair advantage at the game at an attempt to win. Don't deny it, it is wrong.

I will not stand by watching people who can't help them selves enough to not cheat a a video game, abusing the work of very intelligent people who invent modding, giving us a bad name. No cheater has ever helped the community, not in any way. They leech off our hard work, and use it to their advantage.
I quoted the definition of cheating from you. Maybe you need to go back and read what you had posted. Whether yo like it or not modding is illegal on or off line. Go look at the ToS. Where did I say cheating wasn't wrong?

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I do not think that is true.
Tell me the rule that says you can not modify something you own. Modding the game Halo 2 isn't the problem, it is when you interfere with the online game community is where the problem starts.
Also, if modding the game to yourself is illegal, then how come there is absolutely no form of punishment or any attempt to stop it?

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Zone 117 said:
I do not think that is true.
Tell me the rule that says you can not modify something you own. Modding the game Halo 2 isn't the problem, it is when you interfere with the online game community is where the problem starts.
Also, if modding the game to yourself is illegal, then how come there is absolutely no form of punishment or any attempt to stop it?
Here's how I will begin. Under law itself personal modification isn't illegal. The thing is that your not just sending modded files to your HDD and overwriting previous ones. You have to edit your BIOS though whether it be with hardware or software. Its using a modified BIOS to get around copyright protection that is illegal.

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Psycho Homer said:
Here's how I will begin. Under law itself personal modification isn't illegal. The thing is that your not just sending modded files to your HDD and overwriting previous ones. You have to edit your BIOS though whether it be with hardware or software. Its using a modified BIOS to get around copyright protection that is illegal.
Not if you own everything you modify.
That's like saying it's illegal to rip a movie you own, mix around the scenes, then watch it. You can do anything you want to something you own, you just can't sell it or interfere with other things using it.

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
No...
I said "own everything you modify."
As in the game disc and xbox console. =x

A

Atrin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Right now im trying to do professional mods but the tuts are long but im getting there. im trying to finish up this map pack im working on of all the new maps, then im hoping to make pro mods and bsp conversions.

By

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Zone 117 said:
Be nice XboxPlaya. =p
And yeah HM is down. It's been down for about 2 days now. Very weird considering that halomods is almost as reliable as google =x
I'm starting to get worried, no one in power at halomods has any idea about whats going on. But I still have yet to ask the actually server owner and IronForge.

Well ya...It's a problem with their host server. i did a quick DNS lookup, and i found that not only is their server down... but their host's nameservers are down. So it seems that their host needs to get backup in order for them to get back online, or they could switch to a temporary host.

Also more about the "legal limits": according to the fair use policy, as long as someone owns the work (not entirely the copyright, but atleast a legal copy of the work) they may copy it, modify it, and distribute it to a certain extent.

-They may not sell their work.

-They cannot use the work to gain an unfair advantage over someone else.

-If released, proper credits MUST be given to the original copyright holder.

-Any movie released can only have 15% or less, or 10 min. or less of the actual movie. (whichever comes first)

-Any music release can only have 10% or less, or 30 sec. or less of the actual music. (whichever comes first)

-Any computer program/video game, the majority of the work may not be released. However releasing a small portion of it is still under the Fair Use Policy.

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
haxalot88 said:
Well ya...It's a problem with their host server. i did a quick DNS lookup, and i found that not only is their server down... but their host's nameservers are down. So it seems that their host needs to get backup in order for them to get back online, or they could switch to a temporary host.
The owners aren't really dedicated to the site.
They are 30+ years old with a family.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Zone 117 said:
The owners aren't really dedicated to the site.

I see..... Well then let's just hope that it comes up sometime... i want to try some of those tutorials that you posted on this topic that link to that site.

X

-XpLiCiT-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry if this is off topic. But can someone please give me a download link to that song? Im thinking about using it for a montage.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I XpLiCiTMoDz I said:
Sorry if this is off topic. But can someone please give me a download link to that song? Im thinking about using it for a montage.

-If you know what song that is then search for it on limewire...

-if you don't know what that song is, then sign up on the ebaumsworld.com forums, then go to the music request section. Then post the link to that video, and ask for someone to tell you what song it was.

X

-XpLiCiT-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haxalot88 said:
-If you know what song that is then search for it on limewire...

-if you don't know what that song is, then sign up on the ebaumsworld.com forums, then go to the music request section. Then post the link to that video, and ask for someone to tell you what song it was.
K im just saying, But why would i want to do all that when im pretty sure Zone Knows what song it is because he can Exile which is the person who made the vid. I would ask him myself but idk how to contact him.

Oh and another thing, You shouldnt use limewire. Limewire=Virus Heaven.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I XpLiCiTMoDz I said:
Oh and another thing, You shouldnt use limewire. Limewire=Virus Heaven.

I use limewire for most of my music and videos. since i have Nod32 w/ firewall, i'm pretty protected from viruses.

Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
haxalot88 said:
I use limewire for most of my music and videos. since i have Nod32 w/ firewall, i'm pretty protected from viruses.
Or you could just not be an idiot and download movies that are 200 kbs with an exe file extension... =\

G

gobs13

Reaction score
Sin$
gobs

Or you could just not be an idiot and download movies that are 200 kbs with an exe file extension... =\

good idea lol, gotta watch out for the batch files too. cant believe this topic is still going

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Zone 117 said:

lol i remember that my bro did that. was trying to download a copy of "The Matrix" and he got a big virus.

R

reaper 149

Reaction score
Sin$
i like this post and your thinking on the modding on live and nice job on the vid it was sick

Top Bottom
Login
Register