• Thread starter StarScream391
  • Start date
  • Views 2,671
StarScream391

StarScream391

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seen plenty of videos, own it and played it on multiple platforms including the latest addition, the PS3 version. This game sucks. I have spent a fair amount of time trying to like it and it's awful. So how is an 8bit detailed game and building brick houses, surviving from creatures entertaining? I'd rather play the old Sims if I wanted to build & "survive" imo.

What's your reason why you like this game so much?

Vantoc

Vantoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seen plenty of videos, own it and played it on multiple platforms including the latest addition, the PS3 version. This game sucks. I have spent a fair amount of time trying to like it and it's awful. So how is an 8bit detailed game and building brick houses, surviving from creatures entertaining? I'd rather play the old Sims if I wanted to build & "survive" imo.

The reason I like minecraft is because playing on minigame servers with friends is insanely fun, like hunger gamer, spleef, one in the chamber etc... I have also spent about 200 hours on PvP servers as they get INSANELY addicting (possibly more addicting than world of warcraft)

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

I like it because it is beautiful. You can build whatever you want, talk with friends, make stuff with friends, theres mini games inside it (Spleef, hunger games, etc.) It just helps me escape my ******** that is a life.

Mob Zombi

Mob Zombi

Intelligence Is Mine
Reaction score
Sin$
Tbh i don't a friend bought it for me just so we can build stuff together. :smile:

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone has their own opinions. I'm pretty sure 90% of people who play minecraft do it for the Creativity. Guess someone here has a crappy imagination :wink:

Enzyoo

Enzyoo

Free Hoster
Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not about building houses and surviving. It's about being creative and using your imagination to build! Eg: start a server, build a giant plane, build a fortress, have a pillow fight. The game is random. :tongue:

MK6

MK6

Dang ol’ man..
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Because its an addicting game... I play it all the time when i get bored, Its fun to just make a town..

I

IRSxPlague

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Obviously didn't explore into the world of mods and minigames

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
I think you don't know how to use the imagination, that's your problem. Not the game. Some people like different games, if you don't like it, don't play it.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
It has high appeal because you can literally do whatever you want in it. Obviously you are restricted on the console versions, but on PC with the help of mods you can really amp up the game a ton.

Minecraft has no objective. You can choose to survive. You can choose to just go on Creative and build. You can make whatever you want. The lack of objective is something some people can't handle and might be why those that don't like Minecraft don't like Minecraft. They just shut down when the game doesn't tell them what to do.

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

I agree, I bought the game, it isn't fun imo. People told me I had to join different servers, did that, still don't understand the hype.

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
As said before, you can do whatever you want.
You design the world that you play in.
You aren't restricted to what one person thinks you should do. You can do an infinite amount of things.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
u can do anything,

u can make a potatoe,

or make a calculator ( i made 1 )

or make ur own house from real life to actual size .

or make a city,

or make a ferrari ( 1;1 )

or 2 potatoes

StarScream391

StarScream391

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It has high appeal because you can literally do whatever you want in it. Obviously you are restricted on the console versions, but on PC with the help of mods you can really amp up the game a ton.

Minecraft has no objective. You can choose to survive. You can choose to just go on Creative and build. You can make whatever you want. The lack of objective is something some people can't handle and might be why those that don't like Minecraft don't like Minecraft. They just shut down when the game doesn't tell them what to do.
Maybe I am like that.

Pause 7s

Pause 7s

Life Starts Now.
7th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
You can do what you want, create things for fun.
The reason I love this game is because it kept me busy for a long time :smile:
And I love creating things, whether it be real or not.
The monsters just make the game more entertaining.
That's just really all their is to it.
It's not supposed to be amazingly fun, it's supposed to be relaxing, and adventurous in a way.
I don't think it's for everyone, trust me, I had your same exact thoughts.. when I first heard of the game.
Come to play it for a while, It's just chill, and that's the thing I love about it the most.
And the fact it kept me entertained.
Also, because it's different, personally I think it's much better, than playing Call of Duty all day long.
That's why I like it.
If you don't like it, don't play it. (Not saying you can't rant about it, or can't give your opinion, we all do it from time to time :wink:)

Top Bottom
Login
Register