Not open for further replies.
Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
This isn't a rant or a thread to bash the Xbox One, this is to bring up an issue I had with this console and to bring attention to this (and see if there is a workaround).

So I took my Xbox One with me to see my family/parents over the holidays to show it off. A few days later, I saw Dead Rising 3 had a 5GB update. I waited until later that night to start the download (my dad has ~1MB/s connection), upon waking up the next morning the patch was only about ~20% done.

I then decided I would finish the update later (to not hog up the bandwith) and later that night when I went to play some Dead Rising 3 (offline) I saw that the Dead Rising 3 tile was greyed out and said "Qued" with a % of the download in progress. I couldn't play my game when I tried to select it and after running out of ideas I pressed Settings > Cancel Que. Once I did this the Dead Rising 3 tile completely disappeared.

I started freaking out as Dead Rising 3 was nowhere to be found, I navigated the confusing dashboard for a good while and finally went to the MS Store to see if I could just re-download the patch and I was greeted with a 0% installation for Dead Rising 3. Canceling the que for the update had deleted my ENTIRE GAME. As mentioned above, my parents don't have good internet at all, so my Xbox One sat in a closet all holiday, since 20GB would have taken a week at least to download.

Updated
Has anyone else ran into this issue? Or was this just a isolated incident with me (or perhaps just Dead Rising 3's 5GB update?)​
Seems any game can be effected by this, whether it's a digital or phycial copy.

Any way to get around this?
None so far.

WHY DID CANCELING AN UPDATE DELETE THE ENTIRE GAME?
IDKKKK

Last edited:
ner0

ner0

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They really need to work on the installs being cleaner if their gonna be so damn hefty

Three_Miraclez

Three_Miraclez

My baby's due date: 31st March, 2013.
Reaction score
Sin$
Had the same with my BF4.. Deleted my entire game, from the premium to map packs, including my updates and installation, took SO long to do it all again.. Massive inconvenience.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
My brother had similar issue with forza 5. Installed it, also asked for update so he sat there for ages getting it (6gb) but the internet flickered and it took him offline. Went back on said "qued", tried continuing but it wouldnt work so canceled it, tried playing offline and it uninstalled the game. went back online asked for update again, he downloaded it then it slowly installed the game again (took him 3 hours...)

Installation sucks on x1.

ner0

ner0

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Had the same with my BF4.. Deleted my entire game, from the premium to map packs, including my updates and installation, took SO long to do it all again.. Massive inconvenience.
God damn. That certainly sounds like a worst case scenario with this topic

ONI Agent Locke

ONI Agent Locke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That happened to me once with one of my games (I think it was BF4). But I have it on a disc, so it wasn't a major inconvenience. Even then, I have a fairly fast internet (not that downloading a 40 GB game would be short).

My advice would be to get games on-disc to ensure this kind of stuff doesn't happen again. Disc installs are much easier to handle, albeit I don't like having to swap discs all the time (which is why I wish Microsoft had stuck with/explained the DRM thing better). The only games I don't have on a disc are Killer Instinct (obviously) and Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Hopefully internet providers will catch up soon and we'll have better bandwidth available for these kinds of things, because the gaming industry is way ahead of them, for better and for worse.

A lot of parenthetical statements in this post, strangely.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Very interesting. So whether it's disc or digital, canceling an update will delete your game from the HDD.

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Might've somehow corrupted the game data. Like how when you're downloading an update, and it says "Please do not turn off console/computer" Maybe when you cancelled the update it had a similar affect. It sucks, and that shouldn't have happened, but that's my hypothesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register