• Start date
  • Views 865
J

Jeror

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys!
Sometimes my Mac runs so slowly and I don't know why. What can be the reason?
(MacBook Pro, early 2015, Sierra)

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
stever33zy

stever33zy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys!
What do you mean by running slowly? Is it slow as soon as you turn it on or as you are using it? There are many reasons why it could be running slow, just need a little more info to help you out.

Y

yelir30

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys!
Hey, I was having a similar problem with my MacBook about a month ago, until I stumbled across some software and it cleaned it right up. Worked like a charm, now its running as smooth as ever. Here's the link to the software I used: Good Luck!

ChillenMods

ChillenMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest, it is probably all of the processes for spotlight etc. Spotlight search spawns approximately 4 mdworker processes and 1 md_store and I believe an md_master process. This is used specifically for indexing your information in order for it to be available immediately when searched. These processes tend to take up all of my resources at any given time. This is also a flaw on Apples part, but I guess that they believe that the quicker the better? The index still occurs when my laptop (Macbook Pro 2017) is on at low utilization. They should really consider making the process longer without the need to make my computer almost blow up in my lap...

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Lifespan for a laptop is 3-5 years, you are within that realm so no surprise here. Disk defragment and disk clean up are useful but I dont know what the equivalents are called on MacOS.

I use System Mechanic and it works pretty well, get the cracked version off of TPB.

I recommend using the browser “Waterfox” instead of any other browser. Its lightweight, independent, doesnt eat up your RAM, user privacy oriented, blazing fast for 64x devices, and its based off of a familiar browser, Firefox.

smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Lifespan for a laptop is 3-5 years, you are within that realm so no surprise here. Disk defragment and disk clean up are useful but I dont know what the equivalents are called on MacOS.

I use System Mechanic and it works pretty well, get the cracked version off of TPB.

I recommend using the browser “Waterfox” instead of any other browser. Its lightweight, independent, doesnt eat up your RAM, user privacy oriented, blazing fast for 64x devices, and its based off of a familiar browser, Firefox.
Yeah my old Macbook Pro lasted for 5 straight years without any slowing down. Once it did slow down, it was time for an upgrade.

Top Bottom
Login
Register