What's new

Discussion Why Live Streaming Will Be Terrible

ROBERT 7S

ROBERT 7S

lol :3 lol
Reaction score
Sin$
im not excited about leauge play, because most true skill games f up in this area, where if your a good player with a high rank you constantly get matched with lower ranks and if you win you get nothing where as if you lose you get seriously demoted. halo was like this and so was apb reloaded.

jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know where you live but 10Mb upload speed is rare to see here in Texas. As you can see from my Speedtest, my upload is just down right horrible and I pay quite a bit for my internet.

Same here, from Texas too and my upload speed is like around 1 mb lol. I think Dave Dave may have been thinking about download speed.

Holo

Holo

I am Holo, and Holo is all that I am
Retired
TotM EotM Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here, from Texas too and my upload speed is like around 1 mb lol. I think Dave Dave may have been thinking about download speed.

Getting really good upload here in Texas is expensive as balls. Greedy Time Warner.

jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
Getting really good upload here in Texas is expensive as balls. Greedy Time Warner.

I have Time Warner too. Its alright but i miss using Verizon FIOS. Its the best you can get in Texas imo.

SnappiestJack

SnappiestJack

Contributor
Modder Fabled Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Or just dont use in game live stream and use good old HD-PVR and twitch? Whats wrong with the way we do it already? Nothing.

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I read it wrong, I thought they said download, woops! In that case then 3MB is pretty steep, the best I get is 5 on a good day and I have the best package possible - so it may become a problem!

Trey3arc

StealthyyyHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What the... What galaxy does your Internet service provider hail from? I've never seen such terrible Internet quality in my young life. :biggrin:
I have the best internet you can get but my area is terrible mountains all around my house thats why my internet is slow it cost $180 a month i have 1 TB of downloads / 1000 GB a month but doesnt help when you cant download fast haha

Trey3arc

StealthyyyHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Me either bloody unfair Australia has like the worst upload speed untill next year when the NBN/fiber optic comes out
I have ADSL2 + 1 TB/ 1000 GB a month for $180 but doesnt help when you live in a bad area with mountains all around your house and takes like 2 hours to download 1 movie slow internet

GUNMAN683

GUNMAN683

Gun Game Ownage
Forum Addict Free Hoster Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have ADSL2 + 1 TB/ 1000 GB a month for $180 but doesnt help when you live in a bad area with mountains all around your house and takes like 2 hours to download 1 movie slow internet
I have ADSL2+ and live 4.8k away from the exchange u have to live at least 5k or less so I just scrapped it but it's crap lol adsl1 beats it

Holo

Holo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Time Warner too. Its alright but i miss using Verizon FIOS. Its the best you can get in Texas imo.

Yeah. Every time I see a Speedtest post, I always see insane speeds fomr Verizon or Comcast. I never see insane speeds from Road Runner.

Or just dont use in game live stream and use good old HD-PVR and twitch? Whats wrong with the way we do it already? Nothing.

You should realize that not everyone can afford a good HD-PVR. When I go on Twitch, I rarely see anyone stream CoD. It was the same way when the game out. The economy is terrible now and no one wants to invest in a PVR. You also have to invest in some good internet to live stream and play at the same time with no lag. I mean yes you can make a decent amount of money if you become known but that's a risk with money.

Holo

Holo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the best internet you can get but my area is terrible mountains all around my house thats why my internet is slow it cost $180 a month i have 1 TB of downloads / 1000 GB a month but doesnt help when you cant download fast haha

1000 GB A MONTH!? I can blow through 200+GB in a week, especially with the ignorant things I download. I now appreciate my internet. Feel sorry for you man.

Holo

Holo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I read it wrong, I thought they said download, woops! In that case then 3MB is pretty steep, the best I get is 5 on a good day and I have the best package possible - so it may become a problem!

How much do you pay? We pay $130+ for internet and cable. I'm only getting 10Mb with a power boost to make it 30Mb for my download speed and only a 1Mb upload with a boost to make it 2Mb. I rarely ever get an upload boost though.

Y

Yergz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well Treyarch's retarded. You need to have a certain number of established viewers and the only people that have that are people who already have capture cards for their Xbox's or PS3's.

Dave

Dave

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How much do you pay? We pay $130+ for internet and cable. I'm only getting 10Mb with a power boost to make it 30Mb for my download speed and only a 1Mb upload with a boost to make it 2Mb. I rarely ever get an upload boost though.
I pay £109 which is around $170 (I think) for 60 down and 5 up.

MickIsSick

MickIsSick

Sex, drugs & rock n' roll
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't watch the video, I refuse to watch anything he makes...

1. You can ONLY live stream in League Play
(League Play is a separate playlist where you face players around your caliber of skill)

I don't mind it only being in league play, I'd rather watch someone/be watched playing a competitive, hard match than a pub stomping...

2. Not everyone can live stream. You have to meet 2 requirements:
(1. You have to have a certain upload speed. Woody guesses it's between 2.5-3MB)

Who the f*ck has anything below 10mb these days? 10mb is actually the minimum service providers give in my country; this should be an issue for anyone.

(2. You need a minimum number of viewers already to start streaming)

This seems a bit sh*t, I doubt it's true. I wouldn't take everything that idiot (woody) says as truth, he knows just as much as we do.
What country you from ?

Holo

Holo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I pay £109 which is around $170 (I think) for 60 down and 5 up.

I'm actually quite jealous. The highest I've ever gotten on Speedtest was 45 down and 2 up. To me, anything past 50 down is just god like internet. So can you like notice a difference like when you go to friends' houses and use their internet?

Dave

Dave

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm actually quite jealous. The highest I've ever gotten on Speedtest was 45 down and 2 up. To me, anything past 50 down is just god like internet. So can you like notice a difference like when you go to friends' houses and use their internet?

I've not used anyone else's internet since I upgraded 4 months ago, but I suppose it would be a massive difference compared to average speeds.

Holo

Holo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Scotland, but a few post above, I misread what the OP said and I though he meant DL speed, not upload!

From Scotland and has better grammar than most of the US. Ha!

MickIsSick

MickIsSick

Sex, drugs & rock n' roll
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Scotland, but as I said a few post above, I misread what the OP said and I though he meant DL speed, not upload!
I didnt go reading through your posts aha sorry man. Oh I was like wtf lol.

Top Bottom
Login
Register