• Views 1,170
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jarettguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I love computers, and i love games, so i bought a new computer for gaming.
It has decent specs in my opinion, but I cannot run for example 64x64 textures without major FPS lag (5-10FPS), And when i run the vanilla Minecraft i only get 20-35 FPS (Render distance being normal in those situations), and in games like Portal 2, Fallout NV, or Call of Duty, I'm having to turn the setting to mid-low, or low graphics to get good FPS.
My FPS is OK, (its better than my friends' FPS :tongue: ) but with my specs, i think i should be getting more.

Here they are (specs):
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor, 64 bit, quad core, 2.9GHz
6 gigs of ram DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (256MB memory)
1TB HDD
1080p Monitor

I consider myself pretty good with technology, but I don't see what is causing my lower-than-expected FPS.

Is there something you guys see that I could add, or upgrade to get higher FPS?

Thank you for reading
-Jarettguy

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely, yes. Minecraft is very poorly coded, so it eats up a lot of memory that it shouldn't. I'm sure as it progresses, it will require less and less memory. If this is purely about Minecraft, I'd try waiting it out for a couple of months. Also, you can download gamebooster from Iobit, might help a little. It will update your drivers and kill some tasks that other programs don't.
Minecraft has increased in performance aspects, in fact Notch has put a lot of work in. It used to be unplayable, now I get a good few hours. If his pc cannot play it now, it is best he upgraded his graphics card, allowing the game as a whole to be more enjoyable, and for him to play other games.

Upvote 0
joeprentice90

joeprentice90

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Minecraft has increased in performance aspects, in fact Notch has put a lot of work in. It used to be unplayable, now I get a good few hours. If his pc cannot play it now, it is best he upgraded his graphics card, allowing the game as a whole to be more enjoyable, and for him to play other games.

Good to hear they did some work on it. It was very much needed.

Upvote 0
generalgreavis

generalgreavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I love computers, and i love games, so i bought a new computer for gaming.
It has decent specs in my opinion, but I cannot run for example 64x64 textures without major FPS lag (5-10FPS), And when i run the vanilla Minecraft

I consider myself pretty good with technology, but I don't see what is causing my lower-than-expected FPS.

Is there something you guys see that I could add, or upgrade to get higher FPS?

Thank you for reading
-Jarettguy

when i got my new computer i had to manualy install the drivers for gpu, try contacting the makers of your gpu

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register