• Start date
  • Views 2,219
The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if it's me, but it seems like everyone on PC are either way too good, or they suck massively. I don't know if it's the community but I've been playing BF since 1943 and I'm decent on 360, usually going with a 1.5+ K/D each match. When I hop on PC on BF3, I run on a 1.0 or below K/D, and I get killed generally in the back. Maybe I haven't adjusted to playing this game on PC, but I normally can adjust to the games, but I've had BF3 on PC and I just can never play it because I rage. I've tried multiple tactics, slowing down, scanning areas when I play, tracking players, and every single time, I'm getting destroyed. I could just be horrible at BF3 on PC, but I seriously can't be the only one.

Kyllswitch

Kyllswitch

And Justice for All
Tutorial Creator Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe your PC is slower than your xbox 360 and you're not used to it yet.

The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe your PC is slower than your xbox 360 and you're not used to it yet.

My computer runs most games at decent graphics. I'm on a Radeon 5570, and due for a new card. But it still just bothers me so much that the game is almost unplayable for me.

Legaljuana

AceVirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if it's me, but it seems like everyone on PC are either way too good, or they suck massively. I don't know if it's the community but I've been playing BF since 1943 and I'm decent on 360, usually going with a 1.5+ K/D each match. When I hop on PC on BF3, I run on a 1.0 or below K/D, and I get killed generally in the back. Maybe I haven't adjusted to playing this game on PC, but I normally can adjust to the games, but I've had BF3 on PC and I just can never play it because I rage. I've tried multiple tactics, slowing down, scanning areas when I play, tracking players, and every single time, I'm getting destroyed. I could just be horrible at BF3 on PC, but I seriously can't be the only one.

Battlefield 3 is rough when you transition from console to PC. I've been there. I was a 2 K/D player on console but only about a 1.3 on PC when I first switched. But then I noticed that I was running the game on 35-45 FPS on completely maxed out settings, so I decided to starve myself of the eye candy until I found a specific combination settings that would allow me to average 60 FPS (mix of mid and high settings). If you're not playing at 55-60 FPS, you're at a disadvantage. I think that's caused the biggest change apart from practice with the mouse and keyboard. I'm now a 2.2 K/D player.

As you mentioned earlier, your hardware is due for an upgrade. 60 FPS is essential for online multi-player FPSs on PC. Only with singleplayer games can you get away with an average of 30 FPS.

The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
What is your origin id?
Th3bsgamer. My stats are probably some of the worst. 
Battlefield 3 is rough when you transition from console to PC. I've been there. I was a 2 K/D player on console but only about a 1.3 on PC when I first switched. But then I noticed that I was running the game on 35-45 FPS on completely maxed out settings, so I decided to starve myself of the eye candy until I found a specific combination settings that would allow me to average 60 FPS (mix of mid and high settings). If you're not playing at 55-60 FPS, you're at a disadvantage. I think that's caused the biggest change apart from practice with the mouse and keyboard. I'm now a 2.2 K/D player.

As you mentioned earlier, your hardware is due for an upgrade. 60 FPS is essential for online multi-player FPSs on PC. Only with singleplayer games can you get away with an average of 30 FPS.
Maybe that's it then. I've been thinking about a gtx 770, so I think maybe after I get that, things will get a little better. Thanks for the input. :smile:

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have always said everyone is better on PC, its more slicker if you can say.
I don't know how but it is.

Aviate

Aviate

œSoaring
Reaction score
Sin$
You probably haven't fully adapted to Battlefield 3 on PC yet, therefore you don't perform as well. Also, to me it seems like PC players usually know what they are doing (except for some) more so than Xbox players. Just keep practicing on the PC and you'll improve. :wink:

s234567

s234567

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
At first, I had this same experience with just about every PC game I played (Just recently drop $1500 on an AMAZING AMD build, consoles were kinda dead to me until next gen), and regardless of my equipment, awesome PC peripherals & solid 60fps in everything, I was still getting BAPPED.

MANY MANY MANY people I'd complain to gave me a similar response to my troubles, and I really do think it's the truth.

Every PC gamer has in some way, invested in there machine. Out of all the people that play PC, I'm quite sure you could say that the amount playing with some old PC that happens to run BF3 is FOR SURE in the minority.

When someonebody goes out to build a PC, or even buy a decent machine from like futureshop, they're doing it with the intent to game.

When people buy an xbox, they just want to pick up whatever game there friends are buying, and f*** around.

SURE; there are people that love to dominate xbox games, and you can usually instantly pick out in a lobby whose a threat & who's a random, but on PC, EVERYBODY is playing hard to win, if someone sees you running in the distance to go do your own thing, you BETTER BELIEVE that they will run for 10 minutes if they need to kill you, because they're going to be trying extremely hard.

So that's one side of it; people have invested, so they are THERE TO GAME, randoms pretty much don't exist on PC, which alone can make the game experience harder 10,000 fold.

The other thing (Which only really applies to the FPS genre, is sightlines..)

ANY SINGLE PC gamer, should be able to agree with the fact that the keyboard & mouse is 21908099834021 times more trivial to aim & play with than a controller. If you're good, you can snap your mouse from target to target to target and kill things EXTREMELY quickly vs. the speed of the console controller.

PERSONALLY, that part sorta makes me mad, I feel like if PC had a universal remote of some sort that people could use, that'd actually bring more players, more skill, and more randoms into the games.

Back on topic: The sightlines are RIDICULOUSLY over-used on PC. On xbox, you look for an enemy, work your way into a good distance, and nail them, or set yourself up & pick them off without them getting ahold of you.

On PC, you HAVE to be more cautious of where you're vulnerable from, and where the enemy is located, because if you're visible from a rock 70 clicks to the west, you better believe somebody is going to fire every single round they have in there gun to get that kill, and given the ease of follow people with the mouse, it will be a pretty quick, bullshitty encounter.

I personally believe these are the things that seperate PC gaming, and make it harder/easier based on who you are. You'll start to develop a quicker reaction time than what consoles have taught you, and eventually you'll start going into a room & clearing the four guys in it in seconds with a heightened response time, but you just got to practice, re-learn the maps & how they flow, and you'll be good.

P.S: When you play BF3 in ANY server (especially premium ones) the entire top of the leader board is likely a group of players who ONLY really play BF3, so they blatantly dominate. When you play on xbox, ANYBODY having "A good round" can claim those spots, because the gameplay is a bit more balanced out because EVERYBODY is using an xbox 360 controller, not a Razer Orbweaver, or Nostromo, or Black Widow gaming keyboard, or an insane 10,000 DPi Razer mouse (Like myself, with numbers 1-6 on the side for quick switching). There are MANY MANY MANY more technical advantages to be had, unfortunately.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Fabled Veteran Donator Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
At first, I had this same experience with just about every PC game I played (Just recently drop $1500 on an AMAZING AMD build, consoles were kinda dead to me until next gen), and regardless of my equipment, awesome PC peripherals & solid 60fps in everything, I was still getting BAPPED.

MANY MANY MANY people I'd complain to gave me a similar response to my troubles, and I really do think it's the truth.

Every PC gamer has in some way, invested in there machine. Out of all the people that play PC, I'm quite sure you could say that the amount playing with some old PC that happens to run BF3 is FOR SURE in the minority.

When someonebody goes out to build a PC, or even buy a decent machine from like futureshop, they're doing it with the intent to game.

When people buy an xbox, they just want to pick up whatever game there friends are buying, and **** around.

SURE; there are people that love to dominate xbox games, and you can usually instantly pick out in a lobby whose a threat & who's a random, but on PC, EVERYBODY is playing hard to win, if someone sees you running in the distance to go do your own thing, you BETTER BELIEVE that they will run for 10 minutes if they need to kill you, because they're going to be trying extremely hard.

So that's one side of it; people have invested, so they are THERE TO GAME, randoms pretty much don't exist on PC, which alone can make the game experience harder 10,000 fold.

ANY SINGLE PC gamer, should be able to agree with the fact that the keyboard & mouse is 21908099834021 times more trivial to aim & play with than a controller. If you're good, you can snap your mouse from target to target to target and kill things EXTREMELY quickly vs. the speed of the console controller.

PERSONALLY, that part sorta makes me mad, I feel like if PC had a universal remote of some sort that people could use, that'd actually bring more players, more skill, and more randoms into the games.

Back on topic: The sightlines are RIDICULOUSLY over-used on PC. On xbox, you look for an enemy, work your way into a good distance, and nail them, or set yourself up & pick them off without them getting ahold of you.

On PC, you HAVE to be more cautious of where you're vulnerable from, and where the enemy is located, because if you're visible from a rock 70 clicks to the west, you better believe somebody is going to fire every single round they have in there gun to get that kill, and given the ease of follow people with the mouse, it will be a pretty quick, bull****ty encounter.

I personally believe these are the things that seperate PC gaming, and make it harder/easier based on who you are. You'll start to develop a quicker reaction time than what consoles have taught you, and eventually you'll start going into a room & clearing the four guys in it in seconds with a heightened response time, but you just got to practice, re-learn the maps & how they flow, and you'll be good.

P.S: When you play BF3 in ANY server (especially premium ones) the entire top of the leader board is likely a group of players who ONLY really play BF3, so they blatantly dominate. When you play on xbox, ANYBODY having "A good round" can claim those spots, because the gameplay is a bit more balanced out because EVERYBODY is using an xbox 360 controller, not a Razer Orbweaver, or Nostromo, or Black Widow gaming keyboard, or an insane 10,000 DPi Razer mouse (Like myself, with numbers 1-6 on the side for quick switching). There are MANY MANY MANY more technical advantages to be had, unfortunately.

This.

The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

When people buy an xbox, they just want to pick up whatever game there friends are buying, and **** around.

On PC, you HAVE to be more cautious of where you're vulnerable from, and where the enemy is located, because if you're visible from a rock 70 clicks to the west, you better believe somebody is going to fire every single round they have in there gun to get that kill, and given the ease of follow people with the mouse, it will be a pretty quick, bull****ty encounter.

I actually hopped on this morning to play a couple matches, and I took the original advice I had been given. I played more cautiously like you said too, and I somehow went positive on Epicenter. The night before that (when I posted the original post), I hopped on CS:GO. I played the same way that I was playing on Battlefield, but with the tactics I generally use to practice on bots. Turns out I was one of the better on the team. Maybe it's just the way the game is played, the equipment, and the people you're paired with. Honestly, despite how rough it has been to transition to PC gaming, it's really enjoyable to be able to hop on one of the harder games that I've spent so much time trying to get even decent at, and then hop on some other shooter like CS, and show who's boss. Things take time I guess. Although they're rough, it's one of the best time wasters that I can think of.

Top Bottom
Login
Register