Discussion Why do...

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by Viva La Carter, Dec 27, 2009 with 32 replies and 1,037 views.

1. ZHeyd7

ZHeyd7 Newbie

Ratings:
    people like it for the one shot kills and the fact that is a bolt- action sniper rifle, yeah its not more powerful in real life, but in the game it is.

2. OLine57

OLine57 ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343

Ratings:
    M21 on hardcore. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xXxRiskuxXx

xXxRiskuxXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I never liked the Intervention pre-prestige, and I couldn't understand why someone would want a sniper with such insane kickback. After I prestiged, I can't get back into the .50 cal and have been using the Intervention over all other snipers. It does seem that I get fewer hit markers with the Intervention than I do with the .50 cal, so that's why I use it. :closedeyes:

4. mw2 I3 r e a k

mw2 I3 r e a k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if u get no scoped or quick scoped with the intervention it admitidly almost always looks good but with the barrett if they miss they have like 9 other bullets on demand to shoot at you, tbh i think the barrett is for the not so good snipers who know they will 7/10 times miss the first shot, also a close up fight with the barrett you will press the trigger 6 or 7 times until u get the kill whereas killing close by no scoping looks good but thats all arguable. tbh i think intervention is for shoot to kill.

5. Bay Area Kang

Bay Area Kang Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. try2haxme

try2haxme Newbie

Ratings:
    Its Just The Games Messed Up Logic In The Real World 50Cal Better Every Time In Mw2 NoPe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marino HD

Marino HD Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Nobody should take a 50 cal shot and survive.

8. SchwingMS

SchwingMS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What are you guys talking about. Both have same dmg and are both 1 shot kills. You trade off a bigger clip and a higher rate of fire for barely anymore accuracy on the intervention. The intervention is there for show and for sniper lobbies.

9. SmurfALMIGHTY

SmurfALMIGHTY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Never listen to the damage graphs on COD4 they're HIGHLY misleading. The snipers BOTH get 1 shot kills frequently just the intervention will generally be a 1 shot kill much more frequently basically everytime, as for a 50 cal it's an upper-chest shot for a semi-guaranteed 1 shot, but even that could screw up. I'm not a fan of the whole 50 cal system because I believe the gun doesn't belong in this game because realistically it should be able to shoot down helicopters in a few shots. They should of just kept the m40/dragunov(it's in SP but not MP?)/r700(not a fan but I know people who are). They took the right step in some areas but took a lot of steps back in areas of guns. Yes sweet more gun attachment support but the lack of fan favorite guns really bothers me still with this game.

10. SchwingMS

SchwingMS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I disagree, I have over 1500 kills with each gun and they both have the same damage to me. I initially started with the intervention, but the larger clip and higher rate of fire won me over. The recoil of the 50 resets faster than the intervention allowing faster accurate shots.

11. Illusory

Illusory Getting There

Ratings:
    Intervention is more like m40...

12. iKoNz

iKoNz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Intervention is good because it mostly 1 shots and the 50cal sometimes isnt a 1 shot and I can't quick scope with the 50cal. :cursing:

13. mw2 I3 r e a k

mw2 I3 r e a k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    u can quick scope with all snipers if ur good enough :smile: