Why do you care about K/D or W/L?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by mdjsw, Feb 4, 2010 with 20 replies and 490 views.

1. mdjsw

mdjsw Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I mean, I can understand why you care that you got positive in a game once in a while, or you get annoyed cause you keep dying, but why do you care about your overall K/D? And especially your W/L I don't get that at all unless you're playing free for all only or something, doesn't mean much when you're on a team.

I'm interested, feel free to shout, whisper, scream at me. All theoretical of course because of the glorious thing known as the internet, can't really shout.

2. XlCris1slX

XlCris1slX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i think most of the reason is just bragging rights over friends :tongue:

3. ONLYaGODatCOD

ONLYaGODatCOD Banned

Ratings:
    Haha well my k/d jumps around from a range of 2.20 to about 2.40, but i never let it get any lower.

Only a couple reasons i can think of to explain it.

The first one would definately be to brag about and say im good lol.

The second one is if i ever am trying out for a clan, i can just say my k/d and they know that i am probably not half bad.

Win loss ratio is a whole nother story. Mines is like 1.21 or something. But i dont care about it, as long as it's atleast above 1.00

4. puniisher 505

puniisher 505 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When ur K/D is higher makes ur junk feel bigger i guess

5. Mute-

Mute- Contributor

Ratings:
    The higher it is the better rank you are and no one wants to be a bad rank on the leader boards.

6. OP
    mdjsw

mdjsw Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know about the bragging obviously but I don't really see much bragging in it when you could easily just use annoying and easy things to achieve a high K/D of course that is my opinion.

Clan reason - fair enough I suppose.

7. ONLYaGODatCOD

ONLYaGODatCOD Banned

Ratings:
    Well I don't really use annoying things, atleast I think so.

My main things to use:
    Intervention
    Slight of Hand Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Ninja Pro
    Frag Grenade and Stuns

Ump 45
    Slight of Hand Pro
    Cold Blooded Pro
    Ninja Pro
    Semtex and Stuns

I don't use Noob tubes and niether do I camp.
    So I think I'm pretty legit.

8. Dash

Dash Member

Ratings:
    My K/D - 3.85
    My W/L - 1.95

9. Ethex

Ethex Grinder

Ratings:
    I prefer K/D cause K/D shows how pro ya are :cool:
    W/L is for BadKids
    *Sarcasm*

10. M V P

M V P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well we all know that a is k d achieved by m16 or famas is immediately not counted :wink: but I guess being tenth prestige on cod 4 with 1.76 and 10th on cod 5 with a 1.82 and 10th on mw2 with a 1.99 ATM wihougt m16 or famas btw you get a sense straight away that I'm a decent cod player. If it was negative then no doubt you would asume I a bad player. Win loss on the other hand i couldn't care less abou because of how many imesni search with friends andmoneno us doesn't gt in he game and then unleavened and get a loss it hapend way too much for meto care about win loss ratio and alotnof the time IOU cando well but if you have a **** team then you wil sill lose.

11. Monster Travis

Monster Travis Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dude above me has horrible spelling/grammar. Also W/L for me, though I really don't care about either of the two any more because I play for fun.

12. Dash

Dash Member

Ratings:
    I never really cared about W/L Before, But i always did try to keep a kood K/D.

Now I plan on going to the top of the Win and Kills leaderboard I am trying to keep it high.

13. Minner

Minner Newbie

Ratings:
  14. b0nk3rs1337

b0nk3rs1337 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    why does using the famas or m16 make your kd not legit? are you retarded? its a gun in the game....live with it.

15. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Send $100k USD to my paypal for mods. Not joking. Administrator

Ratings:
    IDK why people care so much about it...especially since everyone that cares about it actually cheats the system. You know who you are. Signing out of live if you are sucking a**, or dashboarding if you are having a "bad game". It's quite pitiful.

IDC what mine is. I think its around 1.60 but I play a lot of games by myself.

My win/loss was 1.76 earlier this week...then IDK wtf happened but I didn't win a single game for like 3 days...now it's a 1.57 or something like that.

If either of the 2 matter, it's the W/L. Although, I play more objective type games...hence the reason I like the W/L better. Most TDM people can't do objective games b/c they can't do more than 1 thing at once (kill AND do something).

16. Dash

Dash Member

Ratings:
    Yeah true. If you play strictly Objective Based Games then you might want to play with a team or a good group of friends. There's nothing more annoying then playing Domination by yourself and having your team going for just kills and not flags.

17. vnulol

vnulol Getting There

Ratings:
    I kind of care about K/d because the rank system in this game is so stupid and easy that you can't go by it. just playing the game gets you to 10 prestiege in a few months if you play alot, even if you're horrible.

K/d you need to be decent to raise, but at the same effect it's kind of pointless because chopper gunner = 30 kills. meh

18. Konner

Konner Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Win/Loss actually shows you're helping the team out and winning.

Kill/Death in MW2 proves nothing. Try an earlier game, where there was still a little skill remaining.

19. Disphunction

Disphunction Newbie

Ratings:
    A lot of people challenge themselves, whether it's nukes w/out harrier/chopper gunner, or just using a sniper. I challenge myself by trying to higher my KD.

20. bootyslayer

bootyslayer Banned

Ratings:
    Because it shows that while some with a .01-1.99 K/D go around 0-1 to like 20-19 a game while I go 23-10 on average, as an example.