What's new

Solved Why do I need the IW disc when I had a code for MW Remastered?

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Why do I need the IW disc when I had a code for MW Remastered? strange. :what:
My account is set to the UK. the download "code" for MW Remastered was bought in the UK, every time I try and load MW Remastered, it asks me to insert the IW disc.

I won't be playing IW so would like to delete it but it says I need to insert the disc and then it installs again.

Ugh, any ideas what could be wrong?

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Bump. No one know?

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
If you bought a code that originally came with IW that’s probably why. It wasn’t always a game that could be played without IW.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
If you bought a code that originally came with IW that’s probably why. It wasn’t always a game that could be played without IW.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't you an XBOX user and not a PS4 user??
I bought the "Call Of Duty: Infinite War Legacy Edition" which came with a code for MW remastered and IW on disc.
It's stupid that I need the IW disc inserted to play MW remastered.

Anyone who owns a PS4 know anything about it? I've tried to Google. :frown: :what:

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
I bought the "Call Of Duty: Infinite War Legacy Edition" which came with a code for MW remastered and IW on disc.

Anyone who owns a PS4 know anything about it? I've tried to Google. :frown: :what:
Doesn’t matter if I own an Xbox or PS4 man and I’ve owned both. I’ve only had a PS4 at one point. For two this is really a call of duty issue. Because originally you did need the disk.

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score

What F Fogel said is what it is. Since you purchased a physical copy that came with a digital code for MW, you need to have the IW disc in as it's bundled. To play MW by itself, you'd have had to have purchased MW as a separate entity and not through/as part of the IW bundle. Also, him not having a PS4 is irrelevant as this has nothing to do with the platform you're playing on, but the way Activision decided to bundle and release the game.

Top Bottom