SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
azir.jpg

I'm interested in the birdman, but he proves a little elusive to control effectively at first grasp. Are there any pros that exclusively main Azir and happen to upload videos of their gameplay, or tutorials on how to operate this guy decently? I know how to build him, but playing him is a different story. Would like to expand to my mid-lane arsenal.

Here's to hoping I didn't waste 6300IP!

Visio

Visio

The One & Only
Bright Idea Contest Sponsor Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
God bless the birdman. I hope you strive for success in the shurima shuffle.

Birdman-written-on-her.jpg

Jerry

Jerry

#StraightCisPride
Retired
Mythical Veteran Sinner Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
People below master shouldn't play Azir, he's too hard.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Stickied Bright Idea Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
azir.jpg

I'm interested in the birdman, but he proves a little elusive to control effectively at first grasp. Are there any pros that exclusively main Azir and happen to upload videos of their gameplay, or tutorials on how to operate this guy decently? I know how to build him, but playing him is a different story. Would like to expand to my mid-lane arsenal.

Azir is one of my favorite mid laners. He takes time to get use to in a way kind of like ori's ball. Once you get you to it his mid game harass is amazing.

Jason

Jason

Seasoned Member
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I enjoy being stabbed by three soldiers for a 75% slow and taking one auto from each of them because I have 0 ms
Enjoy being cancer if you can play him

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope you guys are trolling. Azir is the most broken champ in the mid lane. Once he gets any attack speed (which he gets from maxing W now) he shoves you out of lane. Not many can deal with his lane oppression, Orianna comes to mind. And then haha, guess what, he is a late game mage! We all know what that means.
His Q and auto attack chunk about 40% of your health. And if he lands the E you should contemplate buying more mr as if your Athenes and Abyssal wasn't enough.

Jerry

Jerry

#StraightCisPride
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope you guys are trolling. Azir is the most broken champ in the mid lane. Once he gets any attack speed (which he gets from maxing W now) he shoves you out of lane. Not many can deal with his lane oppression, Orianna comes to mind. And then haha, guess what, he is a late game mage! We all know what that means.
His Q and auto attack chunk about 40% of your health. And if he lands the E you should contemplate buying more mr as if your Athenes and Abyssal wasn't enough.
?

Azir is one of the most difficult champions to play. People below like d1 don't have the mechanics to play him.

poopinouttacos

poopinouttacos

The Taco Master
Reaction score
Sin$
azir.jpg

He's good, just tricky at 1st. I'd recommend going to team build b/c most of those players are trying out champs they just bought. So you wont be the only scrub there :3 Also watch some vids on youtube to get a good understanding of him.

Eycd

Eycd

qq
Reaction score
Sin$
People saying you need to be Master/Diamond to play are wrong, yes he is much harder to learn then other champions but if you put the games in you can be good. He will take longer to learn but he's not impossible and you don't need to be a god to learn him like people are saying. When you're laning try not to spam his soldiers too much unless you got blue or want to shove the wave in.
Use W > Q to harrass and if you're getting ganked or need to reposition W > E backwards. Personally I find it much easier to smartcast all of his abilities. If you want to all in someone you want to W then E towards the soldier and whilst you're mid way to the soldier cast Q towards the enemies location and you will travel a lot further and bring all of your soldiers to them doing lots of damage then you can ult them backwards towards your tower or team.

Last edited:
Jerry

Jerry

#StraightCisPride
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
People saying you need to be Master/Diamond to play are wrong, yes he is much harder to learn then other champions but if you put the games in you can be good. He will take longer to learn but he's not impossible and you don't need to be a god to learn him like people are saying. When you're laning try not to spam his soldiers too much unless you got blue or want to shove the wave in.
Use W > Q to harrass and if you're getting ganked or need to reposition W > E backwards. Personally I find it much easier to smartcast all of his abilities. If you want to all in someone you want to W then E towards the soldier and whilst you're mid way to the soldier cast Q towards the enemies location and you will travel a lot further and bring all of your soldiers to them doing lots of damage then you can ult them backwards towards your tower or team.
No, we're right.

Azir is an intensively mechanical champion. If you lack mechanics, you shouldn't be playing him. Not only is he extremely position reliant (something people extremely lack in lower brackets) he also takes extreme micromanagement. It's not worth it to put in the time to even attempt to learn Azir if you don't know how to play the game. Play champions like Garen.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No, we're right.

Azir is an intensively mechanical champion. If you lack mechanics, you shouldn't be playing him. Not only is he extremely position reliant (something people extremely lack in lower brackets) he also takes extreme micromanagement. It's not worth it to put in the time to even attempt to learn Azir if you don't know how to play the game. Play champions like Garen.
Agreed, if you lack mechanics he isn't the right champ. However I also agree with that statement about spamming the champ in norms to get better with Azir. However I would not recommend Azir in ranked games if you lack mechanics. I have a hard enough time playing Ori and i've been playing her for a long time.

Eycd

Eycd

qq
Reaction score
Sin$
No, we're right.

The thing is OP asked for tips to play not your opinion if he should play him and not for you to say lower elo's shouldn't be playing him. I haven't seen you give him in any advice, you're just here to **** on lower elo's.

Jerry

Jerry

#StraightCisPride
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing is OP asked for tips to play not your opinion if he should play him and not for you to say lower elo's shouldn't be playing him. I haven't seen you give him in any advice, you're just here to **** on lower elo's.
I am giving advice. People in lower brackets shouldn't be playing mechanically intensive champions.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am giving advice. People in lower brackets shouldn't be playing mechanically intensive champions.
Can I play this champ? Haha jk I can barely Ori, I hate Azir.

Rengar

Rengar

The Knifecat
Reaction score
Sin$
?

Azir is one of the most difficult champions to play. People below like d1 don't have the mechanics to play him.
You're joking I hope? I can play him effectively against mid-high plats.. Mind you I'm not D1. Not even plat.

Jerry

Jerry

#StraightCisPride
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You're joking I hope? I can play him effectively against mid-high plats.. Mind you I'm not D1. Not even plat.
No, no you can't lol. I'm looking at your match history and you lose games against people your own elo and even a bit lower. Normals mean absolutely nothing when you look at the rankings.

EDIT - Looking at your stats with him, you're 1-3 in ranked (the only place where winrate matters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register