What's new

Solved Why can't you play series x games on ext ssd?

• Thread starter UchihaMoDz
  • Start date
  • Views 93
U

UchihaMoDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the external seagate ssd for xbox is usb3.0 with 500mbpsread and write speed right? I have two of them and i see alot of people saying "its because the external ssds are too slow to play games on,you can only play series x or enhanced one x games on internal or the seagate expansion ssd card" but alot of external ssds are fast enough? No?

N

Navy Davey

☠️Rebel Without a Pause☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I don’t see why you couldn’t play from an external ssd.
I have yet to get a series x but I play several games from external usb 3 ssds on PC and they work as expected.
I would imagine it should be the same on Xbox.
Your best bet is to try it out and see for yourself.

Let me know if you figure it out.
I would like to know the definitive answer.

U

UchihaMoDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see why you couldn’t play from an external ssd.
I have yet to get a series x but I play several games from external usb 3 ssds on PC and they work as expected.
I would imagine it should be the same on Xbox.
Your best bet is to try it out and see for yourself.

Let me know if you figure it out.
I would like to know the definitive answer.
sorry for late reply, i got this answer from my reddit post"It will work off external, it will run at 120fps on Series X. Move all your resolution packs and any other game data onto one drive. If you still have another Warzone client installed on another drive, just delete it." and according to many posts like https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-warzone-runs-at-120fps-on-xbox-series-x/64906/ it has support for 120fps.on the microsoft store the res packs say"only for xbox one x and series x" it is really confusing because only cold war has the X|S symbol meaning it is optimized. and only optimized games work on internal you will even get a warning when downloadingit to external. here is my reddit post if you are curious:

Top Bottom