Why can't the ps4 jailbreak go online?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4' started by handsomepigeonzz, Aug 5, 2018 with 13 replies and 6,096 views.

1. handsomepigeonzz

handsomepigeonzz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm just wondering. I don't really know much about ps4 jailbreak. Can you update to the latest firmware (while remaining jailbroken)? Do we know anything about the security of PSN? Will we need stealth servers like the 360? Do we know what it is that declares if you're banned or not (like the KV for 360 or PSID (I think?? ) for ps3?).

Just fill me in on anything related to online, I'm curious.

2. OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus Regular Everyday Normal MF Staff Lifetime

Ratings:
    You cannot update while staying jailbroken. That's also the reason you can't go online.

3. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:
    There was a way to bypass updates. But that may be patched. Either way I believe going online will pretty much result in an instant ban regardless.

4. Cali

Cali Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The problem is you can’t update to the latest version while jailbroken because it will remove the jailbreak. There is currently a private 5.5X jailbreak, so there is a possibility that it’s also working for the latest 5.5X firmware, but it’s private.

Just like on PS3 I’m assuming there will be a spoofer for PS4 that will spoof the console to make it look as if it’s not jailbroken this way you don’t get console banned. There used to be a spoofer that would allow you online while still on an older firmware, but Sony patched that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a private one.

I’m also assuming just like PS3, PS4 has a PSID and CID that can get banned by Sony which will prevent you from logging online with that console.

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. WhiteBoiSebbie

WhiteBoiSebbie Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''

Ratings:
    It’s still in beta, and no-one has figured out the full online method yet.

6. afterjo

afterjo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you still need to pay ps+ for online play.

If you jailbroke your console, I doubt you will would pay for ps+. :smile:

7. quantum2309

quantum2309 Newbie

Ratings:

SO you wouldnt be able to just simply change your CID using CCAPI? I found the a link to the new CCAPI that works with the ps4 supposively but it didnt work for me because im on windows 10. Was disappointed because i thought i was finally going to be able to slowly get back into modding like i was on the ps3. Guess ill have to wait.

8. run632

run632 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    That crap has no business being online. be like the frigging xbox 360 jtag of a few years ago asking for psn points for cammos and **** In every game ..

9. MylesWGaming

MylesWGaming Hello

Ratings:
    They ain't got no spoof yet and the jailbreakable firmware's are to low to be able to sign in.

10. BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO Enthusiast

Ratings:
    As much as I miss modding online for friends and hosting, I hope a jailbreak of any kind never finds itself on the latest/current firmware too many kids these days think they are hackers R.i.p MW2, I can't say I didn't play a part in that Im all for mods but not online not this time.

11. Born2BeTribal

Born2BeTribal Newbie

Ratings:
    because people that jailbroken their ps3s used it online and sony put their foot down to keep the gaming fair sony has a new security builtin their servers you jailbreak your ps4 say goodbye try spoofing it wont work

12. battaglia

battaglia Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sony changed a lot of things from the PS3. Remember, Geohot and fail0verflow pretty much pwned the PS3, dumping the bootldr and metldr keys. CFW on PS3 came about after it was fully pwned, allowing pretty much anything to be done. Code execution via kernel exploit may not even be enough to get online even on the latest fw. Sony have a specific processor called SAMU which does most of the highly important encryption. Memory in SAMU can't be accessed from ring0 and hacking into SAMU would require hardware glitching. SAMU is essentially ring-2 (System management mode), it's completely seperate from the kernel. The syscon keys were leaked on PS4 and fake PUP files still can't be signed. So the important stuff is protected in SAMU.

13. Caveman1

Caveman1 Newbie

Ratings:
    From what I heard, if you figure out how to jailbreak the newest firmware, you can then log online, but Sony is going to detect the modified console, unless you know how to block that or workaround it

14. BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO Enthusiast

Ratings:
    With PS5 said release date being November 2020 maybe something might be made public closer to that time as if anyone has latest fw modifications they certainly would not go public.