What's new

Solved Why can't the ps4 jailbreak go online?

• Thread starter handsomepigeonzz
  • Start date
  • Views 18,597
H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just wondering. I don't really know much about ps4 jailbreak. Can you update to the latest firmware (while remaining jailbroken)? Do we know anything about the security of PSN? Will we need stealth servers like the 360? Do we know what it is that declares if you're banned or not (like the KV for 360 or PSID (I think?? ) for ps3?).

Just fill me in on anything related to online, I'm curious.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You cannot update while staying jailbroken. That's also the reason you can't go online.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just wondering. I don't really know much about ps4 jailbreak. Can you update to the latest firmware (while remaining jailbroken)? Do we know anything about the security of PSN? Will we need stealth servers like the 360? Do we know what it is that declares if you're banned or not (like the KV for 360 or PSID (I think?? ) for ps3?).

The problem is you can’t update to the latest version while jailbroken because it will remove the jailbreak. There is currently a private 5.5X jailbreak, so there is a possibility that it’s also working for the latest 5.5X firmware, but it’s private.

Just like on PS3 I’m assuming there will be a spoofer for PS4 that will spoof the console to make it look as if it’s not jailbroken this way you don’t get console banned. There used to be a spoofer that would allow you online while still on an older firmware, but Sony patched that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a private one.

I’m also assuming just like PS3, PS4 has a PSID and CID that can get banned by Sony which will prevent you from logging online with that console.

W

WhiteBoiSebbie

Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''
Reaction score
Sin$

It’s still in beta, and no-one has figured out the full online method yet.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you still need to pay ps+ for online play.

If you jailbroke your console, I doubt you will would pay for ps+. :smile:

Q

quantum2309

Reaction score
Sin$
The problem is you can’t update to the latest version while jailbroken because it will remove the jailbreak. There is currently a private 5.5X jailbreak, so there is a possibility that it’s also working for the latest 5.5X firmware, but it’s private.

Just like on PS3 I’m assuming there will be a spoofer for PS4 that will spoof the console to make it look as if it’s not jailbroken this way you don’t get console banned. There used to be a spoofer that would allow you online while still on an older firmware, but Sony patched that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a private one.

I’m also assuming just like PS3, PS4 has a PSID and CID that can get banned by Sony which will prevent you from logging online with that console.

SO you wouldnt be able to just simply change your CID using CCAPI? I found the a link to the new CCAPI that works with the ps4 supposively but it didnt work for me because im on windows 10. Was disappointed because i thought i was finally going to be able to slowly get back into modding like i was on the ps3. Guess ill have to wait.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That crap has no business being online. be like the frigging xbox 360 jtag of a few years ago asking for psn points for cammos and **** In every game ..

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

You know what BuFu stands for
Reaction score
Sin$
As much as I miss modding online for friends and hosting, I hope a jailbreak of any kind never finds itself on the latest/current firmware too many kids these days think they are hackers R.i.p MW2, I can't say I didn't play a part in that Im all for mods but not online not this time.

B

Born2BeTribal

Reaction score
Sin$
because people that jailbroken their ps3s used it online and sony put their foot down to keep the gaming fair sony has a new security builtin their servers you jailbreak your ps4 say goodbye try spoofing it wont work

battaglia

battaglia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony changed a lot of things from the PS3. Remember, Geohot and fail0verflow pretty much pwned the PS3, dumping the bootldr and metldr keys. CFW on PS3 came about after it was fully pwned, allowing pretty much anything to be done. Code execution via kernel exploit may not even be enough to get online even on the latest fw. Sony have a specific processor called SAMU which does most of the highly important encryption. Memory in SAMU can't be accessed from ring0 and hacking into SAMU would require hardware glitching. SAMU is essentially ring-2 (System management mode), it's completely seperate from the kernel. The syscon keys were leaked on PS4 and fake PUP files still can't be signed. So the important stuff is protected in SAMU.

C

Caveman1

Reaction score
Sin$
From what I heard, if you figure out how to jailbreak the newest firmware, you can then log online, but Sony is going to detect the modified console, unless you know how to block that or workaround it

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

Reaction score
Sin$
With PS5 said release date being November 2020 maybe something might be made public closer to that time as if anyone has latest fw modifications they certainly would not go public.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
With PS5 said release date being November 2020 maybe something might be made public closer to that time as if anyone has latest fw modifications they certainly would not go public.
Just because a console might be released in the future doesn't mean that something will be released

People typically wait for the console EOL so that whatever is released isn't patched out in a week.

Of course this is all just an assumption so I could be wrong as well, but this is what I've noticed typically happens. Check out the vita for example and the Trinity exploit, 3ds with NTR boot, and even the Wii u with haxchi

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

Reaction score
Sin$
Just because a console might be released in the future doesn't mean that something will be released

People typically wait for the console EOL so that whatever is released isn't patched out in a week.

Of course this is all just an assumption so I could be wrong as well, but this is what I've noticed typically happens. Check out the vita for example and the Trinity exploit, 3ds with NTR boot, and even the Wii u with haxchi
I mean you quoted me yet I did say maybe that's not definitely it means it's a possibility

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Exactly this, The Xbox Original and 360 ones were only released because at the time these were deemed almost unbreakable, Especially the Hardware modifications, but as we know JTAG and Softmod (King Kong) on 360 was patched out, RGH is a shadow over the Hypervisor. Xbox One does have "Mods" much like the PS4 does, but modders have learned to stay quiet to avoid making a scene, at the end of the day we all know now they'd just be hit with a cease and desist, and most probably a lawsuit because people like to make examples now, especially big corporations.

PS3 was only ever dragged to the ground because there was very little in the way of security in the first place, they sure took a leaf from Microsoft on that front for PS4, and with the next gen, the latest spike in exploitation of software and hardware most certainly means a lot more will be spent on security. On the other hand MS could slip up with the next xbox, being secure in their minds they have an "Unbreakable" system could bite them in the arse next time around, just like the 360, originally.

Tanksrforchumps

Tanksrforchumps

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Because the devs basically dont care to. Let alone want to. They basically know we all want mods online and think its best we kick rocks.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Because the devs basically dont care to. Let alone want to. They basically know we all want mods online and think its best we kick rocks.
It’s not that the devs don’t care, it’s the fact that achieving this is both a hell of a lot easier said than done, but also it’s not worth the effort. This is due to 99% of the “scene” being entitled pricks and just spout orders/demands and complain since nothing is ever good enough

also why would anyone expect to take a modded system online when there isn’t even a kexploit for the current software update ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register