• Start date
  • Views 4,729
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a mod in development that allows a player to edit the biomes of the Xbox world.

do u know what biomes are ???

ill explain : swamp = swamp biome, nether = nether biome , normal = normal biome.

each biome (not all) have different colours.

so with that mod all u do is change the colour to that biome and it changes the effects too.

for example again : i made a house, and changed the area to a nether biome. by doing that , ghasts and other stuff will spawn.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, i just read the bottom 'new areas', sorry. yeah with that mod we can get new areas if they r out.

Ignis Tundo

Ignis Tundo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll tell you what I was just thinking that might be away to have worlds of 'infinite' size without taking up much more memory. Could they not have a world a set size, for example 100 chunks by 100 chunks, then once you reach an edge, lets say the left edge of this 100 by 100 square, it randomly generates a new chunk and removes the chunk on the opposite side of the world, in this case a chunk on the right side, so that the world is both 'infinately' explorable but limited in size?

Doomwalker007

Doomwalker007

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think my console would enjoy having to load a huge world. I am fine with the size of my worlds. But I can't play because of a burnt thumb.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think my console would enjoy having to load a huge world. I am fine with the size of my worlds. But I can't play because of a burnt thumb.

these maps are small for me.
i hope they have big maps for next gen :3

Ignis Tundo

Ignis Tundo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But then you would loose your builds if you go too far?
Yeh that would happen, but instead of exploring in one direction, you could go to one side of the map, generate new chunks, and delete chunks for the other side, then go to the opposite side of the world of regenerate the chunks you just deleted. It's kinda infinite but not the best lol

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanna go ahead and put this out there.
The Xbox 360 Console only has 512MB of RAM. This is exactly 0.5GB (No, 1GB is NOT 1,000MB, it is 1024MB). There is no way in hell that there current problem is HDD space. It would take too long to load chunks.

When you play MC on the computer, the world is loaded into memory (not all of it). As you explore the world then more and more chunks are loaded into memory.

Say you where to explore the entire world. Each world is roughly 1-2GB (not sure, haven't played in awhile). The Xbox 360 Console does not have enough memory (512MB) to hold an entire world. Aside from that, not all 512MB's are usable by games, there are alot of background processes that take up a good amount of space in memory.

I think the Xbox One Console has 4GB of RAM (could be wrong). Now this is fine, I know a few people that run Minecraft at a solid 80+ FPS only running 4GB of RAM.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The Xbox 360 Console only has 512MB of RAM. This is exactly 0.5GB (No, 1GB is NOT 1,000MB, it is 1024MB). There is no way in hell that there current problem is HDD space. It would take too long to load chunks.

When you play MC on the computer, the world is loaded into memory (not all of it). As you explore the world then more and more chunks are loaded into memory.

Say you where to explore the entire world. Each world is roughly 1-2GB (not sure, haven't played in awhile). The Xbox 360 Console does not have enough memory (512MB) to hold an entire world. Aside from that, not all 512MB's are usable by games, there are alot of background processes that take up a good amount of space in memory.

I think the Xbox One Console has 4GB of RAM (could be wrong). Now this is fine, I know a few people that run Minecraft at a solid 80+ FPS only running 4GB of RAM.
They run it fine since their CPU and flu are pulling off a good amount of the work off the ram. I don't think that xbox one can support the infinite world sizes because of that reason. Now I'm sure that it can generate a huge *** world but that's about it

melongod

melongod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it wasn't coded and ported in Java, this wouldn't be a problem. The Dev's just shouldn't have been lazy, and just changed the engine a bit to better support the systems hardware. Then again, considering it's MC, fans still would have eaten it up.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
If it wasn't coded and ported in Java, this wouldn't be a problem. The Dev's just shouldn't have been lazy, and just changed the engine a bit to better support the systems hardware. Then again, considering it's MC, fans still would have eaten it up.
Minecraft for the 360 is written in C++, not sure how it will be for others.

melongod

melongod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Minecraft for the 360 is written in C++, not sure how it will be for others.
In that case they shouldn't have had these issues. All they needed to do was allow reallocation of the memory. Maybe when you filled up an entire maps worth of chunks the game would autosave and prepare the chunks around the rest of the world?

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

This is completely wrong, when you load up a world on pc it only loads your surrounding chunks (depending on your view distance) and spawn chunks. Minecraft barely requires 512MB of ram and can even be played on 256MB perfectly.

Last edited:
melongod

melongod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is completely wrong, when you load up a world on pc it only loads your surrounding chunks (depending on you view distance) and spawn chunks. Minecraft barely requires 512MB of ram and can even be played on 256MB perfectly.
Again, notoriously lazy coders and developers.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is completely wrong, when you load up a world on pc it only loads your surrounding chunks (depending on you view distance) and spawn chunks. Minecraft barely requires 512MB of ram and can even be played on 256MB perfectly.
You're forgetting about all the particles and mobs.

There is no way you would be able to run the game on 256mb of ram. Try it and tell me how well it works out

melongod

melongod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

There is no way you would be able to run the game on 256mb of ram. Try it and tell me how well it works out
The game runs poorly because it's terribly coded. And on top of being coded like that, it's coded in JAVA, which is infamous for sucking up your RAM and resources. Now, the 360 version isn't coded the same way, and mobs are generally randomly spawned. Particle effects also are not a constant. They disperse and fade out at a certain distance to prevent chugging. If particles were constant, just going to the nether would crash a friggin Titan.

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Works fine, it's not alot but it works. Depends on the situation but most of the time it doesn't have any problem
just some proof, I was running minecraft with fancy graphics, smooth lighting and render distance set to 8 (default)
Even with 100 entities the games works fine
2i6ym8o.png

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What the **** does more space have to do with bigger worlds?
If you console can't handle the world size because of how much data has been saved then you won't be able to play the game.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Tutorial Creator Services Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Just get a PC if you're buying a Xbone just for Minecraft. PC Gaming is much better and so is Minecraft.
and you need aleast 6-8 gb of ram to handle games decently and that is about $500-$700 see thats why i stick with consoles

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
and you need aleast 6-8 gb of ram to handle games decently and that is about $500-$700 see thats why i stick with consoles
You're getting seriously ripped off if you're paying that much money for 8gb of RAM.

Top Bottom
Login
Register