• Views 4,730
FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They said they don't want to have infinite worlds because the file sizes will be huge and they want to keep them limited.
Well, looks as if I made a pretty good guess.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Next gen don't have infinite worlds either because Microsoft & Sony don't want the file sizes to be large.

but a modder made the xbox360 have infinite worlds and works fine.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
but a modder made the xbox360 have infinite worlds and works fine.
Yes it does work fine, but Microsoft and Sony don't want everyone having huge save files because it uses up their storage.

Last edited:
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it does work fine, but Microsoft and Sony don't want everyone having huge save files because it uses up their storage.

then why not have options for infinite, some people might only want 1 map

T

TheRiotTheory

Reaction score
Sin$
You're disappointing.

OT: I don't see why they had to address this issue since they did announce day one that a bigger world wouldn't be possible. If anything this statement is going to raise more questions on when it is coming since they so say that it is technically possible
It is technically possible, oPryzeLP ran M360 infinite world on his JTAG'd Xbox360.

S

SexyMenu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/games-minecraft-12m

Apparently it sounds mostly due to the 4GB hard drive users. I'm thinking if its possible couldn't they do a TU just for Bigger Worlds by seeing, how 250 GB hd, download. Like an Optional update. That is my opinion. What do you guys/gals think.

Don't make this thread contain the eternal argued over PC/Xbox war thing on Bigger Worlds. Just felt like sharing this & opinions as idea's, suggestions they could do, etc, etc.
To be honest that's the stupidest reply I've heard from staff on a video game. If the 360 doesn't have a hard drive, then don't allow the larger worlds. Or require a hard drive to play. I swear they come up with the dumbest excuses..

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest that's the stupidest reply I've heard from staff on a video game. If the 360 doesn't have a hard drive, then don't allow the larger worlds. Or require a hard drive to play. I swear they come up with the dumbest excuses..

Well, that was an old article I found on twitter apparently. Not the reason from burns(whoever that is I don't know) is lack of memory. I'll have to find that article again, but if the article I linked is correct, it is really stupid. they could put an optional update with warning for it. lol. But also if each official article I find says two or more differences, than I'm guessing they are just making up BS to satisfy the crowd.

Top Bottom
Login
Register