Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I am sick of everyone posting threads everywhere about what games are 1080p and aren't as it makes any difference.

For most TV's and distances from you wouldn't notice a difference 720 vs 1080p
720vs1080-625x1000.png

But the X1 needs 1080p now because Sony Fanboys think the X1 is incapable of 1080p if you look at Ghosts or Battlefield on X1 vs PS4 it actually looks better on the X1 due to the lighting and textures the resolution is irrelevant we didn't have 1080p games that long and 1080p doesn't mean anything you could run Tetris in 10,000p and not see an improvement what matters is the textures both systems are more then capable of 1080p even the X360/PS3 are yet we didn't care back then and we shouldn't now.
I don't want my games 1080p I want better textures and more data on disc not just bigger textures filling up my disc.

Until the Halo games come out X1 will need 1080p to draw people towards the X1 I am going to the X1 only due to the game exclusives I don't care about anything else I want Halo I could live on X360 version of Ghosts if I just had Halo 5 & possibly Halo Wars 2.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I like this post, but prepare for buttickled people to come in here to say the X1 is garbage.

OT: On my TV it wouldn't make much of a difference. Thanks for the post.

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
In due time, we will get 1080. I'm in no hurry for it, as I think it's fine right now. To me, there is a very minimal difference between the two. I think getting 1080 is just another stat to try to increase competition.

People will be drawn to the X1 for Titanfall, sooner than they'll come for Halo. No need to worry...

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
The Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is going to be 1080p on the X1 and that comes out end of January. People who think the X1 can't handle 1080p are ignorant. To me it doesn't make a difference, regardless if it's 720p or 1080p, it'll look better than on 360. People just want something to complain about.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't see why people b**** about it only being 960 and it saying it's 1080. you cannot see that 120pixel per inch difference.

M

mazdamiata210

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone who complains about 720 vs 1080 obviously didn't own a launch day 360... It only had 720p and 1080p was added in later on. The hardware is more than capable of 1080 output. Just like it's capable of DTS audio via the optical audio output... But it's not there because the developers weren't done with it. Just like twitch streaming, like the broken parties... It all comes down to them rushing both systems to be released. It's nice to see Microsoft not releasing a broken product and them actually waiting until it works first.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Coming from someone who owns both consoles I can say that BF4 looks better on the X1. The lighting on BF4 makes it look so much cleaner and it's a noticeable difference. I also cannot tell that ones running at 720 and ones running at 1080. In all honesty if I didn't know the X1 version was 720p I wouldn't even be able to tell. I also noticed frame skipping on BF4 online on the PS4 but the last update seemed to fix that now.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Coming from someone who owns both consoles I can say that BF4 looks better on the X1. The lighting on BF4 makes it look so much cleaner and it's a noticeable difference. I also cannot tell that ones running at 720 and ones running at 1080. In all honesty if I didn't know the X1 version was 720p I wouldn't even be able to tell. I also noticed frame skipping on BF4 online on the PS4 but the last update seemed to fix that now.
I noticed that too. Also PS4 fanboys were bragging about how much better Ghosts looked until it came out Ghsots was 720p until day 1 patch on PS4 and the lighting on PS4 was inferior the X1 is easier to program for and will be easier for lighting to become better the PS4 is technically more powerful which should make a bit of a difference but games will be made for X1 and ported to PS4 as they were made for 360 and ported to PS3 in last gen and because of this the 360 was way better graphically even while both had similar specs.

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The fact the the xbox one and ps4 cant run games at 1080p using raw power tells me that both consoles are bad and wont be very future proof. Obviously there needs to be more optimization but if the hardware was good enough they would have gotten games to run fine and not even have to worry about excessive optimization which will end up making graphics look bad and making performance better.

Everyone who complains about 720 vs 1080 obviously didn't own a launch day 360... It only had 720p and 1080p was added in later on. The hardware is more than capable of 1080 output. Just like it's capable of DTS audio via the optical audio output... But it's not there because the developers weren't done with it. Just like twitch streaming, like the broken parties... It all comes down to them rushing both systems to be released. It's nice to see Microsoft not releasing a broken product and them actually waiting until it works first.

The launch day 360 was back in 2005 and 1080p wasn't that relevent. Now that we're almost in 2014 1080p is a really big deal. Also the 1080p on the xbox 360 is still 720p just upscale. So my conclusion is that if most games can only be played in 720p on the xbox one and ps4 then the hardware isnt good enough for future games that will have more stuff added to them.

-Crippler-

-Crippler-

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I noticed that too. Also PS4 fanboys were bragging about how much better Ghosts looked until it came out Ghsots was 720p until day 1 patch on PS4 and the lighting on PS4 was inferior the X1 is easier to program for and will be easier for lighting to become better the PS4 is technically more powerful which should make a bit of a difference but games will be made for X1 and ported to PS4 as they were made for 360 and ported to PS3 in last gen and because of this the 360 was way better graphically even while both had similar specs.

Wow....... Now only do you need to go back to grade school to re-learn how to use periods, but also need to talk out of your arse a bit less.

Go do some more research on the whole 1080p patch for Ghosts on Ps4 and see what it actually did.

For as knowledgeable you are with the inner workings of the 360 I'm surprised to see such nonsense being posted by you. No difference? Really? Lighting better on X1?! Just wow. Either you're playing on a tube TV or badly need a new prescription of glasses. No offence, but that is just plain wrong.

I've played Ghosts and Bf4 on both consoles as well. I owning a Ps4, and one of my best friends owning a X1. I'm sorry, but the fact (no matter how much people hate to admit) games do now, and will always look better on Ps4. This is extremely apparent when comparing Bf4 on both consoles. I mean it's seriously a night and day difference.

It's up to developers to come up with new game ideas that will take us away from basing our entire opinion solely on definition and rather the game itself.

Call me a fanboy all you want. That seems to be the only defense when people get put on the spot. 
The fact the the xbox one and ps4 cant run games at 1080p using raw power tells me that both consoles are bad and wont be very future proof. Obviously there needs to be more optimization but if the hardware was good enough they would have gotten games to run fine and not even have to worry about excessive optimization which will end up making graphics look bad and making performance better.

The launch day 360 was back in 2005 and 1080p wasn't that relevent. Now that we're almost in 2014 1080p is a really big deal. Also the 1080p on the xbox 360 is still 720p just upscale. So my conclusion is that if most games can only be played in 720p on the xbox one and ps4 then the hardware isnt good enough for future games that will have more stuff added to them.

Umm there's only one or two games not in native 1080p on Ps4. Bf4 is the only I can think of ATM. Honestly, I take the fact that the Ps4 can run almost all games in native 1080p as a good sign. Considering developers have had only limited time with the console.

halopro77

halopro77

The Wombologist
Platinum Record Frame In Gold Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I think it's sad that 1080p is still a selling point in late 2013... 1080p became the standard in like 2009/ 2010.

-Crippler-

-Crippler-

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I think it's sad that 1080p is still a selling point in late 2013... 1080p became the standard in like 2009/ 2010.

Out of a $399 box I can't complain.

inb4illbuildyouatowerwithnoOS/monitor/acccessoriesfor400pcmasterracercancer

halopro77

halopro77

The Wombologist
Platinum Record Frame In Gold Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Out of a $399 box I can't complain.

inb4illbuildyouatowerwithnoOS/monitor/acccessoriesfor400pcmasterracercancer

The xbox one is $500. Also how did sony manage to get more performance per dollar than MS?

M

martystlouis26x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No offense taken, it's a personal opinion. I have near 20/15 vision and play on a 54" 1080p OLED TV with 120hz refresh rate and I think BF4 looks better on the X1.
54in oled? Please enlighten me on how much this cost.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

Optimization is one hell of a thing though. Look at the launch titles compared to the games we have no on the PS360. I'm sure we will see as big of a jump, if not more by the end of this generation.

Also why does it cost more? Oh i really dont know, maybe Kinect has something to do with it? Use your brain god damnit.

Look at the recent console teardowns, the Xbox One console itself cost more to make than the PS4. Kinect plays a role in the $500 price tag (about $75), but the PS4 is still the cheaper to produce.

I don't see why people b**** about it only being 960 and it saying it's 1080. you cannot see that 120pixel per inch difference.

1600x900 is far harder to tell apart from 1080p then 720p.
Ryse looks really good and combined with Crytek's very impressive AA (eliminates almost all jagged edges) pretty much impossible to tell that it's being upscaled. AA is the biggest eye sore imo for up-scaled games though. Trees/bushes being the worst offenders.

OP: Dirty console peasants FTW!
#720p30fps4life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register