Who wants me to make a tutorial on this?

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by Michael Allison, Jan 2, 2009 with 8 replies and 314 views.

Shall I make a tutorial on this?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. GTFO (YES)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Hamburger (NO)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I saw the recent tutorial on custom titlebars, but I thought I'd go a step further. Here's...

[​IMG]

an example, although the tutorial will probably cite a more complicated GUI for which the sole purpose is to aid in the making of said tutorial... that will be made by me in the near future. Now that I've stopped killing the English language, who would like me to design a tutorial on this? If no ones interested, I won't, because designing the GUI and slicing it and explaining certain operands do not work with certain formats and so on will be a pain. However, I'm more than willing to do that stuff because I've taken such a long hiatus from doing anything here, hahaha.

Also, here's the program... I never really completed it, but it still works... just copy something first, it spams from the clipboard. It's the attachment.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Sure why not? I'm guessing it'll help quite a few people out there.

3. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    Coolbeans. :smile: Well, why not was basically that I wasn't sure whether or not there was a similar tutorial already posted, or posted like a year ago and I'd never heard of it... dunno. And to announce I'll be making one, and get dibs on the project. Mwuhahaha. >_>

But thanks for the input, you're like, the type of S7 user which makes me come back every month to see whether you guys have kept the forum from exploding or not. >_< ROFL *bored and just ate a lot of caffeinated things*

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I'm sure people would definitely find use out of a tutorial on making a custom GUI. To me and you and a couple other people this stuff is pretty basic, but there's definitely a few novices that like to lurk in the vb section, who would definitely learn a thing or two. Oh and by the way you don't really need to include anything about spamming the clipboard with this tut though. There's already been a couple of threads about that

5. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    Although I could include alternatives to SendKeys, like using SendMessage to send the text to a specific textbox in the form or something... I'm fairly sure that method is actually faster, in addition to being more precise/professional. I've never used SendMessage for spamming though, haha. >_<

6. scriptking1

scriptking1 Newbie

Ratings:
    Please post the tutorial, I want to know how to do that.

7. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    lololdpostbutok.

I might as well when I'm not busy later :smile:! ROFL

8. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Yeah, I say go for it man. :wink:

9. Mizwax

Mizwax Member

Ratings:
    i know im a month late, but post it. i made the similar one. lol.
    new ways and better explinations help a lot. i would like to see how you go about it.

but just make it a gui tutorial. dont make it a huge "im gonna include 23 different tutorials in this one" type thing. thats annoying. lol. but i would like to see how you use the clipboard. i thought about that a while back but never looked into it. :thumbup: