What's new

Discussion Who said it would flop? Destiny makes $500 million on day one!

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't matter how the game turns out in the long run, a few closed minded people said the game would be bad, but mostly everyone who has the game said they love it. It is a good game, I'm just waiting for these people to finally admit they were wrong instead of ignoring the subject or still trying to pick out little things about the game.
I still think the game is the same old **** companies have been throwing at console gamer's years. Whether it's good or not doesn't matter to me, I didn't think the beta was anything special, nor do I think the game itself is anything special.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
I still think the game is the same old **** companies have been throwing at console gamer's years. Whether it's good or not doesn't matter to me, I didn't think the beta was anything special, nor do I think the game itself is anything special.
Why do you come to this section if all you do is talk smack about it?

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I definitely do not agree with this game being the same **** that we've been seeing. I like it because it is actually the opposite of that. I honestly don't see how anyone can say it's the same ****, if you don't like it, that's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no, it definitely is not the same **** we've been seeing for years.

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I definitely do not agree with this game being the same **** that we've been seeing. I like it because it is actually the opposite of that. I honestly don't see how anyone can say it's the same ****, if you don't like it, that's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no, it definitely is not the same **** we've been seeing for years.
100%

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I really would like to know what other game you haters think is being thrown into this. Pretty sure in Halo you couldn't travel to planets and play strike missions and raids. You couldn't use gear you found in story missions and use them in matchmaking.

Borderlands you could just do the same missions over and over, nothing really new was released except for some DLC and the game had no matchmaking making it BORING! Please, share some of these games that Destiny seems to be copying from?

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Opinion's go a far way :tongue:
Personally, I find it way too easy to play. I like a challenge.
Well I was specifically talking about the crucible which is not easy.

Also the story missions are easy but all of the other stuff is good. As long as you're not ranked too high for whatever you're playing. 
I really would like to know what other game you haters think is being thrown into this. Pretty sure in Halo you couldn't travel to planets and play strike missions and raids. You couldn't use gear you found in story missions and use them in matchmaking.

Borderlands you could just do the same missions over and over, nothing really new was released except for some DLC and the game had no matchmaking making it BORING! Please, share some of these games that Destiny seems to be copying from?
You can't even ads in halo. Come on now.

Also anything this game does take from other games, it improves vastly upon them.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that makes and game have lasting appeal and do well in the long run these days is a fantastic multiplayer. Only certain games can pull off SP only lasting appeal (Bethesda: Skyrim , Fallout , Dishonored etc. )
If Destiny's MP is crap it's going to flop. GTA made a billion and it's flopping pretty damn hard. People are getting bored.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I was specifically talking about the crucible which is not easy.

Also the story missions are easy but all of the other stuff is good. As long as you're not ranked too high for whatever you're playing. 

You can't even ads in halo. Come on now.

Also anything this game does take from other games, it improves vastly upon them.
What are you talking about?

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What are you talking about?

You cant aim down sight in halo unless using a scope which makes gameplay feel completely different. If anything this is just a reincarnation of halo. Of course it has a halo style but that's because it's bungie. By that I mean things like vehicles and enemies feel halo ish but just better.

Any features in this game that were taken from other games are improved upon. Things like their perk system and supers. Also the way they spawn heavy ammo compared to old school games spawning guns is great. Even the vehicles. Really its just a bunch of small things.

Also I feel this game innovates alot.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You came aim down sought in halo unless using a scope which makes it feel completely different with that aspect alone. If anything this is just a reincarnation of halo. Of course it has a halo style but that's because it's bungie. By that I mean things like vehicles and enemies feel halo ish but just better.

Any features in this game that were taken from other games are improved upon. Things like their perk system and supers. Also the way they spawn heavy ammo compared to old school games spawning guns is great. Even the vehicles. Really its just a bunch of small things.

Also I feel this game innovates alot.
My post was directed towards those who keep claiming Destiny is a Borderlands/Halo mash up.

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My post was directed towards those who keep claiming Destiny is a Borderlands/Halo mash up.
I know I was agreeing with you and adding to why the game doesn't feel like halo. You can't ads. 
The only thing that makes and game have lasting appeal and do well in the long run these days is a fantastic multiplayer. Only certain games can pull off SP only lasting appeal (Bethesda: Skyrim , Fallout , Dishonored etc. )
If Destiny's MP is crap it's going to flop. GTA made a billion and it's flopping pretty damn hard. People are getting bored.
Dishonored got boring with a few days. Also I think content is what makes a game last long in single player. Something titanfall for example had nothing of. Destiny had loads of content but more importantly there is a bunch of things to do that are actually fun and you want to do them.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I know I was agreeing with you and adding to why the game doesn't feel like halo. You can't ads.
.....Dude, I'm so high, it finally clicked what "ads" meant. I kept thinking you meant ads, like advertisement. Aiming down sight... /facepalm.

Nah, I know what you mean. Like when you're on a big map and people are using vehicles I can see a little Halo resemblance, but you can just tell it's a different game. Every game will have haters. I know people who rag on Halo 2 and CoD 4 being some of the worst games to come out, yet the majority of people love and play them.

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Opinion's go a far way :tongue:
Personally, I find it way too easy to play. I like a challenge.
Also what other mp fps would you say is better? I think destiny would be amazing for mlg. The map design is just superior. 
.....Dude, I'm so high, it finally clicked what "ads" meant. I kept thinking you meant ads, like advertisement. Aiming down sight... /facepalm.

Nah, I know what you mean. Like when you're on a big map and people are using vehicles I can see a little Halo resemblance, but you can just tell it's a different game. Every game will have haters. I know people who rag on Halo 2 and CoD 4 being some of the worst games to come out, yet the majority of people love and play them.
Ya its insane to me that someone can hate though. I think destiny is perfect.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Also what other mp fps would you say is better? I think destiny would be amazing for mlg. The map design is just superior.
I don't like comparing unrelated games together. so no, I won't say anything is better or worse. Like I said, I just find it easy. That bores me. Maybe I will give it another try when people become use to the game/maps/weapons/etc. 

Destiny copied from Halo. Just because Bungie made both doesn't mean the AI should have the same brains. It's really stupid how all the enemies in Halo are the exact same in Destiny. It's laziness and dumb. I honestly really hate that they did that.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't like comparing unrelated games together. so no, I won't say anything is better or worse. Like I said, I just find it easy. That bores me. Maybe I will give it another try when people become use to the game/maps/weapons/etc. 

Destiny copied from Halo. Just because Bungie made both doesn't mean the AI should have the same brains. It's really stupid how all the enemies in Halo are the exact same in Destiny. It's laziness and dumb. I honestly really hate that they did that.
That's like the only thing, and honestly. with all the movies, games and books out, you can't really come up with other monsters. Just change the name and look and that's all you can really do.

Top Bottom
Login
Register