What's new

Unsolved Which of my 2 PS3s should I Jailbreak?

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
I have 2 FAT PS3s, One CECHA01 and the other CECHH01. Both of them have no Bluray drives in them at all. I'm wondering which one I should hack. I understand the CECHA01 is a rare console with the Card reader and PS2 Backwards Compatibility. So should I hack the H01, the A01, or both. I'll be using an E3 Flasher to downgrade them if necessary(Don't know their firmware yet). On top of this, is it worth it to get a Bluray drive for the A01 to allow PS2 games on it? Also if I hack one, I could possibly have a retail one for online and one to transfer hacks, but I plan on doing RTE so I'm not sure if I can use the retail for that.

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
A01 for sure, if you have PS2 games to play on it. If not, its all up to you. But do keep a retail, as its much easier to just play at free will without having to spoof to get online or ban risks.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
A01 for sure, if you have PS2 games to play on it. If not, its all up to you. But do keep a retail, as its much easier to just play at free will without having to spoof to get online or ban risks.
Thanks for the tip, I'll go ahead and hack the A01. Also, since I'm planning to RTE with it, would I need DEX firmware to do that?

Wolf

Wolf

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'll go ahead and hack the A01. Also, since I'm planning to RTE with it, would I need DEX firmware to do that?
CEX is alot more simple than DEX IMO. You can choose either, I'd say CEX because less chance of ban.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
CEX is alot more simple than DEX IMO. You can choose either, I'd say CEX because less chance of ban.
I've heard that RTE only works on DEX firmware? Is it the same thing on CEX?

Wolf

Wolf

Retired
Reaction score
I've heard that RTE only works on DEX firmware? Is it the same thing on CEX?
RTE now works on both, CCAPI with CEX and Target Manager for DEX. CCAPI is much more simple though.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
RTE now works on both, CCAPI with CEX and Target Manager for DEX. CCAPI is much more simple though.
Nice. That seems better and easier from the screenshots. I guess I could give that a try. Thanks for this! I guess I'll install CEX first and if I'm not happy with it, convert to DEX.

Wolf

Wolf

Retired
Reaction score
Nice. That seems better and easier from the screenshots. I guess I could give that a try. Thanks for this! I guess I'll install CEX first and if I'm not happy with it, convert to DEX.
Certainly. Just to let you know there's a process, I have made a tutorial in the modding section if you'd like to take a look at it if you decide you'd like to.

Top Bottom