What's new

Solved Which JR programmer wire is power?

• Thread starter handsomepigeonzz
  • Start date
  • Views 634
H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to write the xe build image to get
Version: 00
Wrong Version.
I found that one of the wires had come loose (blue or green I cant remember, I resoldered both multiple times) so I soldered it back. I then found out that when I plugged the power in the programmers lights would flash for a fraction of a second so my guess is that the power wire isn't soldered right (correct?). Which one is it so I know which to resolder rather than soldering every wire again

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
First off Is the jrp symbol showing up in jrunner when u plug in the jrp to your pc ?

But for now like I said in other post use xell and a usb flash drive to write updflash.bin.

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First off Is the jrp symbol showing up in jrunner when u plug in the jrp to your pc ?

But for now like I said in other post use xell and a usb flash drive to write updflash.bin.
I plugged the usb in and booted xell and I get "image written, shut down now!" So I did and it just booted into xell again.

Yes, the jrp logo is there with a green light on the jrp (red flashes For a fraction of a second when I plug the usb cable in)

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are u booting with power button and not eject 
How did u create xebuild image in jrunner ?
Yes im booting with power button. I loaded both nand dumps into the source, made sure it was on rgh2 and clicked create xebuold, I then went to the location where it saved and copied it to the root of a blank usb 
I still need to fix the JRP because the boot time is like 2 minutes + and I want to rgh more consoles in the future

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Jrp is probably fine it's usually down to soldering when u see those errors in jrunner .

But if your creating xebuild and writing it using Xell I don't know how it's possible that it's still booting xell when u boot with power button never heard of that one

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jrp is probably fine it's usually down to soldering when u see those errors in jrunner .

But if your creating xebuild and writing it using Xell I don't know how it's possible that it's still booting xell when u boot with power button never heard of that one
Ok I'll try resoldering the green and blue wires (since the others are all data wires and I haven't soldered near them)

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Is it possible the points on the motherboard have overheated or something? I dont have a multimeter so I cant test if it's the wire or the points

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I would link some pics of all the points in question . If your using flux they should be alright . U can always use the bottom of the board as well

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would link some pics of all the points in question . If your using flux they should be alright . U can always use the bottom of the board as well
Yeahhh I snapped off the green wire from the plug that goes into the JRP :/ I tried to solder it back on to the pin in front of it but no luck so I'm just gonna buy a new JRP. Where are those alternate points?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They are through hole points on the bottom . Literally the same points but directly underneath . Yeah u have to be careful cause those connectors and pins are so incredibly cheap. If your careful u can de-pin the connector and solder your wire to the pin and shove it back in. I wouldn't waste money on another jrp! Worse case scenario just solder that wire to the jrp itself .

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They are through hole points on the bottom . Literally the same points but directly underneath . Yeah u have to be careful cause those connectors and pins are so incredibly cheap. If your careful u can de-pin the connector and solder your wire to the pin and shove it back in. I wouldn't waste money on another jrp! Worse case scenario just solder that wire to the jrp itself .
I already bought a new JRP and I broke the motherboard trying to resolder the pll bypass wire because it came out :frown: oh well, mistakes happen I'll try again when the new xbox comes. Do you know if eBay allow you to sell KVs since I have the KV but it's not much use to me.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't think ebay allows that without your cpu key though u don't have the the kv anyways. You have to be especially careful with that point in particular! U need a high quality soldering iron with a precision tip. Practice up a lot before starting another

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't think ebay allows that without your cpu key though u don't have the the kv anyways. You have to be especially careful with that point in particular! U need a high quality soldering iron with a precision tip. Practice up a lot before starting another
I have the cpu key and the kv.bin since I managed to get into xell before. Yeah the smallest i can find for my iron is .8mm :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register