which is

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by georgiadawg02, Dec 23, 2008 with 10 replies and 364 views.

1. georgiadawg02

georgiadawg02 Newbie

Ratings:
    better gears of war2 or call of duty 5

2. Who is this

Who is this Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Call of Duty: WaW is the most played game out there right now, I think. Gears of War 2's matchmaking needs some fixing, but it's still a good game. CoD: WaW is really fun. I got both of them.

3. DearestBRAVO20

DearestBRAVO20 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    gears of war 2 is wayy better no lie. i have both. i agree that gow has some problems but its still a better game in every other way

4. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    gow2 by far the cod games are good but its nothing new just like any other ww2 fps

5. SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy Contributor

Ratings:
    i like them both cod waw has bad spawns but gow 2 is lagy as hell cod waw would be beter if they had thaken more time and zombie mode was like horde but gear wins

6. 0o0o0

0o0o0 Newbie

Ratings:
    CoD: WaW is way more balanced then GoW2 plus it has a solid ranking system and perks far beyond GoW2's limited skins! It takes more skill on Cod: WaW to be good and there is no insta kill button or insta down grenades to make it easy for rookies which I like! And CoD: WaW also has a more decent spawn system tho I heard it has some problems but still better then GoW2 in my opinion! I mean seriously why must all the maps be 2 dimensional? Left or Right? Yin and Yang? You get what I'm saying? This game is suposed to be about tactics but the maps seem to promote anything but tactics!

And last but not least CoD: WaW has way better weapon variety while GoW2 managed to have mostly explosive "shoot with one eye closed and still blow em up!" power weapons! I prefer more guns that shoot bullets because honestly you spawn with damn near every gun in the game already! Sorry to go on a rant but seriously if I only had enough fingers to count how many times I try to use tactics but just get blowed up! but when I rush them head on for that explosive goodness then low and behold I just blow them up without effort while they try to use tactics and fail since I got three shots to get it right! BOOM!

This is why I just say **** fairness sometimes and just glitch to win!:biggrin:

7. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:

Your an idiot.

It takes no skill to rank up in that game.....all you have to do is get xp and then you rank up. In Gow2 its has true skill matchmaking which means you have to have skill to rank up.

COD:WAW is a waste of money its pretty much COD4 with a new name.

8. 0o0o0

0o0o0 Newbie

Ratings:
    Bull**** I played with people way better then me yet I've had the highest rank out of all of them! Ranking system is ****! I remember last time I had level 4 I ranked down to 3 after winning with 0 deaths and 2 kills (one of which won the game 5 to 4!) and 4 downs 1 revive! My team mates were confused since if it wasn't for me staying back and doing supportive fire we would have lost! I even forced a stalemate that in turn gave us the win next round!

After that I thought if true skill really wants me to act with no brain and go Rambo then **** rank then! This game claims to be a tactical shooter so I shouldn't be counting my kills while waiting to respawn but seeing how long I can survive to help my team win!

One more thing... CoD: WaW may have a easier rank but its a lot more realistic since you rank up from experience and not just winning wars! For example we won WWII but you didn't see every soldier on the battlefield promoted to 5 star general for it!

9. C00LAR

C00LAR Contributor

Ratings:
    Such a long and thoughtful post ended by 3 words lol.
    in my opinion gears is better and if you join a good clan you could be playing it for months to come,
    P.S this thread is very badly labled

10. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:

reality check "For example we won WWII but you didn't see every soldier on the battlefield promoted to 5 star general for it!" thats only in a game a very anal example.
    but i do know and agree with you on the rank system of gow2 it sux

11. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    To sum everything up,

GoW2-
    MatchMaking / online play - Sucks ***
    Solo / Campaign - decent

CoD: 5
    Matchmaking / online play - Very Good
    Solo / Campaign - Good

Overall, CoD 5 is your best choice