• Views 309
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five Seven

Five Seven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so my default hard drive says it will record at 75mb/sec but my usb back up hard drive is at 25mb/sec. Will the back up one still be faster since it is not the main one?

http://gyazo.com/f6d3788986c4d4bcfc57deeebcfbe22b

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
the default hard drive will be faster since its not connected via USB. The back up drive is slower because its connecting via USB and the data will only move so fast.

Five Seven

Five Seven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the default hard drive will be faster since its not connected via USB. The back up drive is slower because its connecting via USB and the data will only move so fast.
Thank you. I have all my steam games on both hard drives, should I play on my back up one if I am going to record to my default? Or default hard drive.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you. I have all my steam games on both hard drives, should I play on my back up one if I am going to record to my default? Or default hard drive.
You can play on either one and record to your default drive. If it were me i'd just get another internal drive.

MattsJTAG

Its Xex Matt v3

✯XBOX JTAG HOST✯
Reaction score
Sin$
The USB port won't be able to transfer as quick so I would say you're default!

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Obviously your default is better for anything real-time related. A second drive is nice for storage. The max USB transfer rate is 1/2 (? Not too sure) of what the main HDD is (which I believe is some type of Sata connection? I really am not too sure, just spitballin lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register