What's new

Which Forum Creation Website did Se7enSins start from?

Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a perfect match for my website. I already set one up on "Create-A-Forum". However, the website has some features missing from the actual SMF forum hosting website it was formed under, so, technically, it is not as good of a forum as this.

The forum is called "Dragon Village English Forums"

http://dragonvillageenglish.createaforum.com/

I'm having a problem with the following:

Making the "Talk to the Staff" private for everyone (meaning, if you post there, no one but the staff will see it)
Custom rankings (such as the stars under a player's avatar)
Themes (Themes are currently hard-coded in, and cannot be changed. In addition, there's only one theme for both PC viewing, and mobile device viewing.
Creating items, gold, diamonds, ect. (Things people can purchase so I can income revenue and support Highbrow and ONLY Highbrow with it.)
Extra features not seen there that are on this website.

If anyone can name the actual forum hosting site that Se7ensins was formed under, that would be great!

Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a perfect match for my website. I already set one up on "Create-A-Forum". However, the website has some features missing from the actual SMF forum hosting website it was formed under, so, technically, it is not as good of a forum as this.

The forum is called "Dragon Village English Forums"

http://dragonvillageenglish.createaforum.com/

I'm having a problem with the following:

Making the "Talk to the Staff" private for everyone (meaning, if you post there, no one but the staff will see it)
Custom rankings (such as the stars under a player's avatar)
Themes (Themes are currently hard-coded in, and cannot be changed. In addition, there's only one theme for both PC viewing, and mobile device viewing.
Creating items, gold, diamonds, ect. (Things people can purchase so I can income revenue and support Highbrow and ONLY Highbrow with it.)
Extra features not seen there that are on this website.

If anyone can name the actual forum hosting site that Se7ensins was formed under, that would be great!

Ok, I found my answer. XenoForo. But it seems to require a server (the hint comes from MYSQL and PHP). Is this true? If so, I cannot do this myself, since I don't own a server, and they are expensive!

Is there an alternative, other than Create-A-Forum, with powerful tools and integration?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
There is no alternative. There is no free software that can replicate our site out of box. We have too many customizations on the site and that costs money to be able to get.

Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I ask, how much am I looking at in cost, if I were to make a website similar to yours?

Nix

Nix

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
May I ask, how much am I looking at in cost, if I were to make a website similar to yours?
Thousands to get anywhere near the same level of infrastructure, customisations, add-ons, software, etc but this really depends on what you're wanting out of your site and isn't really an accurate metric on how much it'll cost you to build yours.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
First off lol your site wont get anywhere if you are using webs.com and website builders, it just wont.

Invest in a Xenforo license, its by far the best forum software money can buy. At that point either learn the coding languages yourself or hire a coder to work on your site. You will need your own server, your own domain and SSL (not needed but I like SSL for the extra layer of security.)

7s has been online years, it uses XF software and a Zipped theme (IIRC so dont blast me down on this) which has been heavily, heavily, heavily, modified to be unique and have its own niche.

Its hard to give price estimates because nobody knows what your site will become. Most large websites use DDOS migration tools like Cloudflare, Incapsula, etc. Which also costs money because they tend to make unintentional enemies who use botnets to "hurt" the site.

I'll tell you right now, find a good reliable host, make sure your site is unique and not another forum on the internet and follow your goal. $50 is the most per month you should be spending on a site early on, and even that is a lot.

To build a site like 7s, it will cost nothing because you cant replicate a community, if you want to spend thousands of dollars building a clone like 7s, then by all means go ahead but you wont really accomplish a lot and you dont have access or the knowledge of the server configurations, most of the addons, etc.

Top Bottom