What's new

Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
I wanted to learn to code for a long time now, I used to code patches for COD on Jtag off and on. Made my own patches for COD:4 and such. I want to learn to code general things maybe mods for games, etcc...
I just want to know what type of coding should I learn?
I am out of high school already, just graduated last year.

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read this and reply.

C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
No one has any suggestions?
Just need like a language to learn first for making mods and hacks?
Maybe CS:GO mods.

G

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
No one has any suggestions?
Just need like a language to learn first for making mods and hacks?
Maybe CS:GO mods.

If all you want to do is make a program to call you own, then please move on. Me and several others here aren't supports of people wanting to learn how to code to make a mod app. That involves merely just copy-paste code. If you want to learn programming because you want to in of itself, then please look at the sticky threads.

Last edited:
C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
If its programming you want to learn, like c#, then please move on. Me and several others here aren't supports of people wanting to learn how to code to make a mod app. That involves merely just copy-paste code. If you want to learn programming because you want to in of itself, then please look at the sticky threads.

So you are telling me if I want to learn C#, I just shouldn't even do it.

G

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score

Lol my apologies, I wasn't thinking. Let me edit what I was trying to say.

EDIT:

Okay I edited that.

O

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he's telling you to learn programming with the ambition to learn programming. Not the easy go lucky crap where you learn how to do messageboxes using C# and then use libs to make crappy modding tools.

If you had prior knowledge of programming then asked a very specific question like "How do I rehash and resign a file using C# w/ out libs" and people would give you an answer. However, just wanting to make some crappy re-make of other tools with your name on it is something no-one here will help you with.

C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
No, he's telling you to learn programming with the ambition to learn programming. Not the easy go lucky crap where you learn how to do messageboxes using C# and then use libs to make crappy modding tools.

If you had prior knowledge of programming then asked a very specific question like "How do I rehash and resign a file using C# w/ out libs" and people would give you an answer. However, just wanting to make some crappy re-make of other tools with your name on it is something no-one here will help you with.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing it up. I want to learn to program, but at the same time I want to be able to make mods for when I do game on the PC. I did not know that mods were simply copy and pasting.

O

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah okay, thanks for clearing it up. I want to learn to program, but at the same time I want to be able to make mods for when I do game on the PC. I did not know that mods were simply copy and pasting.
You can write mod tools for PC games but I doubt any real games that you would want to mod are written in C#.

C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
You can write mod tools for PC games but I doubt any real games that you would want to mod are written in C#.
Like for instance I play CS:GO on PC off and on. Would that be written in C# as well or no?

O

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like for instance I play CS:GO on PC off and on. Would that be written in C# as well or no?
Most PC games are made using engines written in C++.
CS:GO uses the Source engine which is written in C++.

Look into mods that are already available for the game and there will most likely be tutorials on how to make your own. If not, try reversing a file or something and looking into more.

C

Carbine

Novice Graphics Artist.
Reaction score
Most PC games are made using engines written in C++.
CS:GO uses the Source engine which is written in C++.

Look into mods that are already available for the game and there will most likely be tutorials on how to make your own. If not, try reversing a file or something and looking into more.

Alright, thank you for giving me some information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom