What's new

Solved Where to buy Genuine Glitch chips 2018

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
As title says, I have no idea where to get real RGH chips for my trinity. I can’t seem to find any retailer that carries a genuine acev3 or CoolRunner or even matrix chip for that matter.

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
As title says, I have no idea where to get real RGH chips for my trinity. I can’t seem to find any retailer that carries a genuine acev3 or CoolRunner or even matrix chip for that matter.
US or UK?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ebay is or other online shop will be a clone of a clone. :biggrin:

But they work.

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
ebay is or other online shop will be a clone of a clone. :biggrin:

But they work.
But I’ve bought 2 ace v3 clones, a CoolRunner rev c clone and I can’t get them to boot. I just ordered a matrix v1 clone though

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I’ve bought 2 ace v3 clones, a CoolRunner rev c clone and I can’t get them to boot. I just ordered a matrix v1 clone though
if you can program them, then they work.

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
Haven't had any issues with rev c clones .more than likely comes down to the install, unfortunately .

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the only reseller listed on the official website is nh-game.com
I did recently purchased 50 of the X360ACE v3 and 1 of the v3 pro from them.
Seems to be genuine, every board has unique security code which can be verified on their website, also will show how many times that code has been checked.
If you want I have it on eBay, or I can do PayPal.
But shipping might take long time as it will be shipped from China
And it won't be cheaper than other sellers if you just need one or two, bulk price for bulk order.

But hey, your Trinity won't glitch, it's more likely not the board's problem.
I'd say you still need to work on your soldering and wires, I've left notes in your thread but you didn't follow them all.

The Xilinx CPLD XC2C128 is not cheap for new ones, why the glitch boards are so cheap is because they are all using second hand chips, I've recently got a quote price for 200 XC2C128 and the price is 0.25 USD each instead of $4 or $5 for new ones.

Second hand one does have issues, among the ones I've tested/used, the genuine X360ACE V3 from nh-game has defect one that will not program and won't glitch.
The clone X360ACE V3 I had before never had problem.

Last edited:
R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's a schematic available for it, I might do a batch just for me and friends, you can get 200 for the same price of 50

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I’ll work on soldering the points better. I’m just hung up on the fact that I know my points are connected they just won’t boot into xell

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the RGH/JTAG history the wires positioning is very important, if you don't put them in the ideal places, it won't glitch, largely due to interference, so make the exposed wire part as short as possible and don't let the wires cross each other as well as avoid areas of coils and inductors are important.

On Trinity S-RGH, the wire length of the D point is also important, it won't glitch or takes long time to glitch if it is too long.
When it is short enough, it always glitch instantly.

Your soldering work and wire work is definitely not pass. Work on them make them right first before trying to work on other aspects like trying different timing files or switch boards

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
In the RGH/JTAG history the wires positioning is very important, if you don't put them in the ideal places, it won't glitch, largely due to interference, so make the exposed wire part as short as possible and don't let the wires cross each other as well as avoid areas of coils and inductors are important.

On Trinity S-RGH, the wire length of the D point is also important, it won't glitch or takes long time to glitch if it is too long.
When it is short enough, it always glitch instantly.

Your soldering work and wire work is definitely not pass. Work on them make them right first before trying to work on other aspects like trying different timing files or switch boards
Later tonight I’ll post pics of my soldering job this time around

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
A little off topic but should I be concerned that my CoolRunner rev c clone has a solid green and red light when plugged in?

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plugged in to where?

CR C cant do S RGH, I believe you need to do CR4 Muffin instead, different soldering.points and timing file

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
plugged in to where?

CR C cant do S RGH, I believe you need to do CR4 Muffin instead, different soldering.points and timing file
On Saturday I’ve got a matrix v1 with no oscillator coming in on Saturday so I’ll try that.

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man you shall spent money on a good soldering station, not buying this and that chip. u already have the best one x360ace. Its your soldering , a good soldering station is like heaven

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
Man you shall spent money on a good soldering station, not buying this and that chip. u already have the best one x360ace. Its your soldering , a good soldering station is like heaven
I know I really do need a better set up but I’ve already bought like 4 or 5 chips and I’m ready to just pay $75 to Theweekendmodder and have him just do it and have it done nicely.

M

manatee2077

Reaction score
Any one have any links for really good soldering irons to use for this?

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I really do need a better set up but I’ve already bought like 4 or 5 chips and I’m ready to just pay $75 to Theweekendmodder and have him just do it and have it done nicely.
Did you buy the X360ACE v3 from TWM?

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one have any links for really good soldering irons to use for this?
I recommend those two:

This Hakko 70W is famous for it's good performance and value to money
  • Digital soldering station end safe
  • Comes with fx-888d, fx-8801 soldering iron, t18-d16 tip, Fh800 iron holder, A1559 sponge, A1561 cleaning wire, manual
  • Adjustable temperature control

This TS100 65W is also very popular among a lot of YouTubers
  • 【Fast Heating】This portable soldering iron heats up in seconds. The temperature is displayed on OLED screen, which can be accurately and easily adjusted from 212°F to 752°F (100°C to 400°C)
  • 【Smart & Safe】It has dual-temperature sensors and accelerated sensors with STM32 chip. And it also has sleep mode and automatic over-heating warning.
  • 【External power supply】DC5525 power port is compatible with DC 12-24V AC adapter/power bank.It's convenient for both home repairing and filed repairing.
  • 【Reprogrammable】Connectting to the computer, you can reset your own temperature rising curves and custom functions.
  • 【Convenient】Very portable for home use or field use, especially for repairing FPV multirotor

Use 60/40 rosin core solder, flux, and 300~320 °C

Personally I use a different model but the above 2 are famous and also have good reviews on Amazon

Top Bottom