Unsolved Where to buy a hdmi port??

• Thread starter NerdysMods
  • Start date
  • Views 274
N

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Reaction score
I see on amazon and eBay but Alot of them the reviews say the pins don't line up with the solder points ... Can someone shine some light on this for me or have any experience looking for one for there ps4?

M

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with the Amazon cords. You could purchase up and buy something a little more quality for a few bucks more on Amazon, whilst avoiding the outrageous charges places like, BestBuy or RadioShack who might charge you $20.00+ a cord, I'd stick to Amazon.

D

dbzaf101

Tickle me ghetto
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with the Amazon cords. You could purchase up and buy something a little more quality for a few bucks more on Amazon, whilst avoiding the outrageous charges places like, BestBuy or RadioShack who might charge you $20.00+ a cord, I'd stick to Amazon.
hes not asking for a cord, hes asking for the port 
I see on amazon and eBay but Alot of them the reviews say the pins don't line up with the solder points ... Can someone shine some light on this for me or have any experience looking for one for there ps4?
Is the port damaged and needs a replacement? I haven't seen really anyone say their hdmi port isnt working tbh. http://www.tronicsfix.com/store/p50/NEW_and_Improved_PS4_HDMI_Port.html has them for cheap and accepts paypal. If its something more specific I can look into it to help :smile:

N

NerdysMods

Reaction score
D

dbzaf101

Tickle me ghetto
Reaction score
Yea it's damage pins are pushed in.. Already removed it... I just don't wanna buy a new Port for it a the are off by a hair
Id check a couple of those reviews to see if its actually a user end problem and not the port itself, It can be easy to have it off slightly and then not get any video feed on the tv because of it. Id say if its on amazon go with the ports that have a good amount of purchases, at or higher then 4 stars, and the most recent reviews have been mostly positive. If you dont mind waiting this seller appears to have an oem port on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Origina...830795?hash=item20efc83c8b:g:OLkAAOSw~gRV0sB5

N

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Id check a couple of those reviews to see if its actually a user end problem and not the port itself, It can be easy to have it off slightly and then not get any video feed on the tv because of it. Id say if its on amazon go with the ports that have a good amount of purchases, at or higher then 4 stars, and the most recent reviews have been mostly positive. If you dont mind waiting this seller appears to have an oem port on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Origina...830795?hash=item20efc83c8b:g:OLkAAOSw~gRV0sB5
Ay nice.. I purchased one...Hopefully I didn't put too much heat on it I've been reading more about it and reading that the components around it don't really like the heat..

D

dbzaf101

Tickle me ghetto
Reaction score
Ay nice.. I purchased one...Hopefully I didn't put too much heat on it I've been reading more about it and reading that the components around it don't really like the heat..
How large of a spot are you talking about on the board here? A heat gun should really only effect the area for the hdmi port and alittle spread out unless your using some other method. The two parts that could be effected the optical audio and the ethernet. Unless your using something that has a larger spread. But for the most part those two should be fine.

N

NerdysMods

Reaction score
How large of a spot are you talking about on the board here? A heat gun should really only effect the area for the hdmi port and alittle spread out unless your using some other method. The two parts that could be effected the optical audio and the ethernet. Unless your using something that has a larger spread. But for the most part those two should be fine.
I was referring to the little stuff that's under that little metal shield that's close to that port

D

dbzaf101

Tickle me ghetto
Reaction score
I was referring to the little stuff that's under that little metal shield that's close to that port
I think it should handle the heat as long as your not doing it over and over and over, depending on how long the heat needs to be applied too. Worst case scenario you can always have someone else do it, any warranty has already been voided so your pretty much free to do what you want in terms of repairs.

N

NerdysMods

Reaction score
I think it should handle the heat as long as your not doing it over and over and over, depending on how long the heat needs to be applied too. Worst case scenario you can always have someone else do it, any warranty has already been voided so your pretty much free to do what you want in terms of repairs.
It felt like I had the heat on there for ever.. But probably didn't.. That solder dosnt like to melt very well.. Even with the 16 dollar little tube of Flux I bought for it didn't seem like it was doing what I thought would help remove it easily.. I did pull up a couple of pads but was able to repair using the tracers and some really thin wire I had laying around
.. If I broke it O well was only a 100 bucks

Top Bottom