What's new

Discussion Where is the best place to start if I wanted to get better at halo?

• Thread starter Alexisdabomb
  • Start date
  • Views 1,606
A

Alexisdabomb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not very good at halo 3 but I want to get better so I can get my first legit 50. Where is the best place to start off so I can improve?

Prodixgy

Prodixgy

CaN I HaZ fLAmEzZz
Reaction score
Campaign on Legendary, then social slayer

High Charity

High Charity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your current skill level?
Play loads of MLG customs with people slightly above your skill level. Once you beat them consistently, find new people to play with. Repeat as necessary and jump into a Ranked playlist (TS or TD for an easy 50 when you're confident, and then try running with a friend or two in MLG as much as you can).

A

Alexisdabomb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your current skill level?
Play loads of MLG customs with people slightly above your skill level. Once you beat them consistently, find new people to play with. Repeat as necessary and jump into a Ranked playlist (TS or TD for an easy 50 when you're confident, and then try running with a friend or two in MLG as much as you can).
Im a 16 in slayer right now but its not really a challenge. It gets harder around the 30s

Atlas

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Reaction score
Im not very good at halo 3 but I want to get better so I can get my first legit 50. Where is the best place to start off so I can improve?
As someone else has said, try beating the campaign on legendary. This will give you a good feel for the controls. From here, I'd say practice in the social playlists, particularly social slayer, multi-team, and rumble pit.

XzoRcisT

XzoRcisT

Member of The Year
Reaction score
Watching videos (twitch streams of pro players) help tremendously.

Verxa

Verxa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a big thing for me was finding a sensitivity that i was comfortable with

playing with better players also helps a bunch

DrXthirst

DrXthirst

Reaction score
There used to be a guide called, "Pro Halo Tips," (actually I think it was on prohalotips.com) from the professional gamer "TC Legend."

It was a .pdf, I'm sure someone here on 7Sins has it somewhere.

SCY Mach

SCY Mach

AKA Azure Mach
Reaction score
Watching videos (twitch streams of pro players) help tremendously.
This!! And simply playing with other high level players will help. It helped me a lot in getting my 50!

High Charity

High Charity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also find a control setup that works for you. A lot of people us Bumper Jumper, as you can jump, aim, and shoot at the same time very easily. Your thumbs never leave the analog sticks.

LoordKrafty

LoordKrafty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a LW, TS, TD 50

top tips besides watching snipedown play:
bumper jumper = must lol
aim more with strafing
ALWAYS keep aimer at most likley place of enemies so you get advantage in 1 on 1 battles
put more pressure on right stick with thumb
practice and warm up in rumble pit on 10 sensitivity
when in team games, NEVER GO SOLO and wait unt team mates spawn unless getting power weapons
In team games, getting 3 people weak then living = more important than trading.
Play mlg and lone wolves and rumble pit on 10 sens to get better and team slayer 50 should happen easily (I like 5 sens, don't use lower than 4 or you won't be able to escape quick enough) (DONT PLAY SOCIAL THATS HOW STUPID BRIGADEER GENERALS WITH 10,000 EXP HAPPEN) always challenge yourself to create the right neurons, think like a pro and be a pro. :smile:

And Snipedown! :smile:

Best of luck!
Best Regards,

Lord Krafty

Last edited:
myskill2kill

myskill2kill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
campaign all day bby! legendary with skulls on is preferable, the easier you can beat things stronger than you, the easier you will win a 1v1 against people the same difficulty

Tactics

Tactics

ᕦ(*ò_ó*)ᕤ
Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
I tried using it and it was hard!! why does everyone recommended it? whats so good about it?
Its easy to jump and punch. So you can win most 1v1 gun fights by jumping all over

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Always try beating campaign on Legendary before you play, it helps with your skills.

Top Bottom