Discussion where did the motherboard names come from

• Thread starter TheRedishFire
  • Start date
  • Views 1,158
T

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were they invented my the community or did Microsoft come up with them and do the names mean anything like I know the 360 was originally going to be call xenon

V

VariationModz7s

Banned
Reaction score
Were they invented my the community or did Microsoft come up with them and do the names mean anything like I know the 360 was originally going to be call xenon
I'm not sure but I'm assuming that Microsoft came up with them that is a really interesting questions I'm looking to see the answer to :smile:

E

esteen356

Reaction score
Xenon was a name directly from Microsoft. Before the name Xbox 360 was ever conceived, the name was the Xenon Development Kit or XeDK. As time went on and the name was chosen it was changed to the XDK. The names Zephyr, Falcon, Opus, Jasper etc were found most of the time on the top of the boards where the serial is posted. As for Jasper Kronos, Trinity, Corona, and Winchester, I have no idea. It is possible that these came from the nand but I wouldn't have a clue

E

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
i'm sure they just picked "cool sounding names" from greek mythology and **** who really knows
xenon is the only one we have an actual explanation for

I

Ink

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Xenon was a name directly from Microsoft. Before the name Xbox 360 was ever conceived, the name was the Xenon Development Kit or XeDK. As time went on and the name was chosen it was changed to the XDK. The names Zephyr, Falcon, Opus, Jasper etc were found most of the time on the top of the boards where the serial is posted. As for Jasper Kronos, Trinity, Corona, and Winchester, I have no idea. It is possible that these came from the nand but I wouldn't have a clue

never even heard of Kronos and Winchester motherboards

E

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
never even heard of Kronos and Winchester motherboards
I've never heard of Kronos, but Winchesters are in some of the more recent Xbox 360 Es and are not RGH/JTAG-able.

T

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no hes saying winchesters are in some of the 360 E's and they arent rgh/jtagable but coronas are.
No he said korona I think he ment Corona because that guy said he had never heard of koronas

J

Jeanshorts

god
Reaction score
I always thought coronas had something to do with beer

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score
I always thought coronas had something to do with beer
They Were Drunk When Creating Names?
No he said korona I think he ment Corona because that guy said he had never heard of koronas
Nope He's Right Kronos Motherboards Are Next To Jaspers.

Source

L

lol

Was Here
Reaction score
Aren't the names the names of the processors?

E

esteen356

Reaction score
Jaspers were the original version. A easy way to identify them is based on the motherboard. Jaspers had the extended GPU Heatsink and standard electrolytic capacitors. The Jasper Kronos was the board revision that has the older xenon gpu heatsink, solid state PWM capacitors by the CPU and a ROL that had less than components on it.

This was the Jasper Rev1:
http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/images/thum....jpg/350px-Xbox_360_revisions_jasper_back.jpg

This is the Jasper Kronos:
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/images/images_contenu/X820379-001_with_rad.JPG

Additionally, the Winchester is also known as Corona V5 and V6 which is the E console.

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score
Additionally, the Winchester is also known as Corona V5 and V6 which is the E console.
Not true. Corona V5 and V6 are different then the Winchester, even though they have the same case.

E

esteen356

Reaction score
Not true. Corona V5 and V6 are different then the Winchester, even though they have the same case.
wasn't too sure on it, but usually theyre similar. never paid attention much on the newer revs.

Top Bottom