What's new

Solved Where can I find a 5v point on a Phat Jasper?

• Thread starter stan3797
  • Start date
  • Views 273
stan3797

stan3797

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ve previously done some LED mods using the 12v power pins at the back of the motherboard but I wanted to add in an LED controller with a remote for the 360, but don’t know where to find a good 5v point on the front of the board ideally so I have room to add in the LED brick and glue it to the board.

sounds a bit noob like question, I’ve RGH’d a console a few times as well as installing a few modbo’s in a ps2, so I’ve got decent soldering abilities.

Just Don’t have any experience with using a multimeter I’d be willing to learn but just worried about getting a shock, so being cautious by not using one as it would be common sense not to touch anything that could give me a shock if I don’t know what I’m doing.

thanks in advance.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ve previously done some LED mods using the 12v power pins at the back of the motherboard but I wanted to add in an LED controller with a remote for the 360, but don’t know where to find a good 5v point on the front of the board ideally so I have room to add in the LED brick and glue it to the board.

sounds a bit noob like question, I’ve RGH’d a console a few times as well as installing a few modbo’s in a ps2, so I’ve got decent soldering abilities.

Just Don’t have any experience with using a multimeter I’d be willing to learn but just worried about getting a shock, so being cautious by not using one as it would be common sense not to touch anything that could give me a shock if I don’t know what I’m doing.

thanks in advance.
You can solder to the MOSFET just by the round power coil (just behind the front Memory Card slots) or the MOSFET right next to the nand chip by the HDD socket.Solder to the top of the MOSFET and not one of the legs.You should get 5v for your LED mod,bud.Here's a link for the photo for you
https://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/360-fan-mod-5v-power-supply.713793/

stan3797

stan3797

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the response, do I just solder you the middle bit of the mosfet that looks as though it’s snipped off through the middle?
Post automatically merged:

You can solder to the MOSFET just by the round power coil (just behind the front Memory Card slots) or the MOSFET right next to the nand chip by the HDD socket.Solder to the top of the MOSFET and not one of the legs.You should get 5v for your LED mod,bud.Here's a link for the photo for you
https://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/360-fan-mod-5v-power-supply.713793/
Thank you for the response, much appreciated is it just the middle bit in between the legs I solder to? Thanks

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the response, do I just solder you the middle bit of the mosfet that looks as though it’s snipped off through the middle?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for the response, much appreciated is it just the middle bit in between the legs I solder to? Thanks
Just solder to the "Middle" bit.You will need a strong soldering iron though,as it's pretty hard to add "Lead-Free Solder" to the middle bit of "MOSFETS".So use a good/strong soldering iron and DON'T FORGET to use "FLUX" on the part your soldering to :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register