What's new

Unsolved Where are PS3 saves located?

• Thread starter somethingofsome
  • Start date
  • Views 4,812
S

somethingofsome

Reaction score
I can't remember what the file I downloaded from here was, but it was in a pinned thread with a compilation of Call of Duty mods, saves, and tools for any game that wasn't Black Ops. I want to try a modified save game for WaW Nazi zombies. Here's the installation instructions, which I assume are for XBox360, because of this:

Installing:
Well, you should know how to use a transfer cable/xport360 by now, so rehash/resign with YOUR ID'S OR IT WONT WORK. Then just hit Solo -> Resume

That's not helping me with the PS3 saves. I can't figure out where they are since they aren't in the /HDD0/game/ directory. I've checked twice and can't find them for any game I've ever saved. Does anyone know where they are on a PS3?

T

IRiS Lunatik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember what the file I downloaded from here was, but it was in a pinned thread with a compilation of Call of Duty mods, saves, and tools for any game that wasn't Black Ops. I want to try a modified save game for WaW Nazi zombies. Here's the installation instructions, which I assume are for XBox360, because of this:

That's not helping me with the PS3 saves. I can't figure out where they are since they aren't in the /HDD0/game/ directory. I've checked twice and can't find them for any game I've ever saved. Does anyone know where they are on a PS3?
/dev_hdd/games/GAMEID/

S

somethingofsome

Reaction score
I already checked there. There's no save file there. There's no save file in there for any game. That or it has a different extension that I'm not aware of. There's just the usual 3 files.
PS3LOGO.DAT
PARAM.SFO
ICON0.PNG

E

EpicError

Getting There
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah I had that problem. All you need to do is go to /dev_hdd0/home and there will be few folders depending on your account. Pick the one the you think looks like the one you sign into on XMB. There will a savgame folder and the game ID of the saves.

S

somethingofsome

Reaction score
Well, I finally got that figured out, and then the game doesn't let me leave the main menu because it tells the savegame is corrupt and needs to be deleted. Was it a XBox360 save? My normal save after beating one single player level was 2MB, and the modified save was 440KB.

E

Enckem

You shall not think!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I am assuming it is for Xbox or you downloaded the wrong file, since it's impossible that a modified save -That should have more things than your current one- to have such a smaller size than your current one.

Maybe if you link me to the thread you got the file from I could tell you.

S

somethingofsome

Reaction score
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/395182-ps3-modding-resources/

It's the pinned thread at the top of the list in the PS3 modding section.

S

stoneageman

Reaction score
ps3 games save location is in:
/dev_hdd0/home/00000001/savedata

ps3 retro ps2 emulated games save location is in:
/dev_hdd0/savedata/Internal Memory Card.VM2

Z

zae2k19

Reaction score
suck something thick and long

Top Bottom