What's new

Discussion When Ridiculous becomes absurd! A PS5 buyer’s lament. ?

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
image.png
Many of us who haven’t pre-ordered PS4 or jumped on the Bot bandwagon have been left in the dust when it comes to purchasing a PS5.
I have been so close to getting one only to be thwarted at the last millisecond when placing my online order.
It has now gotten to the point where the prices have gone so high on eBay that it is absolutely vomit inducing.
Reseller has become synonymous with a**hole as clearly demonstrated by this fecal exit’s eBay listing...

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE??

What are your thoughts and experiences with purchasing a PS5 only to have your hopes and dreams destroyed?

V

Vigilant Bonds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy shizle, I've seen some mark ups, but that....

...that takes the actual piss.

Who do they think is actually going to pay that much? Elon? Jeff Bezos?

Haven't actually tried buying one, lockdown hasn't been kind to the ole finances but... ....gotdamn!

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Yeah definitely taking the piss.
You could buy a third world country for less money.
?​

Atlas

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Reaction score
What are your thoughts and experiences with purchasing a PS5 only to have your hopes and dreams destroyed?
I have alerts on my phone for whenever restocks happen. Almost every time I have hopped right on and tried to add to cart or get placed in the queue only to have no luck in securing one.

What I think is interesting is how some people on eBay have been selling a picture of a PS5 for $499.99 but making the listing look like it is for an actual PS5 on the surface while the description urges humans not to buy. This is all in an effort to thwart some bots which might be programmed too broadly to snatch up PS5's at that price from any website, including eBay. Sure enough, I look at the "sold" listings and see some of these listings were completed. Either some humans did not read the fine print or some bot owners will not be too happy.

At the end of the day, I am just looking to play that Demon's Souls remake as I love the original. I will keep trying to snag a PS5 during these restocks but I have pretty much accepted that I will most likely not get one until February because of how high demand is.

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
It’s funny when you read those eBay descriptions and it states that:
“This is a piece of paper that has a picture of PS5”.
It’s ridiculous.
The guy selling it for $28,000 who’s ad I put in the OP still hasn’t sold?

HYX

HYX

Alt+F4
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
The thing about people selling for 1000-2000$ is people are actually buying them. What they don't realize is if you wait till the demand can be met then you can get it for MSRP and screw over all of the scalpers. This is probably some of the worst scalping I have seen in my life but it is due to people actually paying these absurd prices.

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
The thing about people selling for 1000-2000$ is people are actually buying them. What they don't realize is if you wait till the demand can be met then you can get it for MSRP and screw over all of the scalpers. This is probably some of the worst scalping I have seen in my life but it is due to people actually paying these absurd prices.
They are basically holding them hostage.
People with kids are the ones buying them.
Imagine your kids telling you all they want for Christmas is a PS5.
After a year like we have all just had with the pandemicI imagine people are doing their best to make their kids happy on Xmas morning.
I can imagine buying 2 and selling one at the inflated price to get one for free but these jag offs have taken it to an extreme purchasing dozens of consoles hoping to make big bucks:
It’s absolutely shameful what people will do for a few thousand dollars.

HYX

HYX

Alt+F4
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
They are basically holding them hostage.
People with kids are the ones buying them.
Imagine your kids telling you all they want for Christmas is a PS5.
After a year like we have all just had with the pandemicI imagine people are doing their best to make their kids happy on Xmas morning.
I can imagine buying 2 and selling one at the inflated price to get one for free but these jag offs have taken it to an extreme purchasing dozens of consoles hoping to make big bucks:
It’s absolutely shameful what people will do for a few thousand dollars.
I could see that being a case but it is also just your average Joe or Jane trying to get the newest gaming experience. Plus it isn't just affecting PS4, as PC power supplies are insane and also the 30 series RTX cards are insane to find a decent deal on. MSRP doesn't really mean anything to anyone at this point.

Top Bottom