What's new

Discussion When is the best time to purchase computer parts for a new setup?

• Thread starter Madman
  • Start date
  • Views 908
Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
I have about 4,000 USD to sink into a new computer, upgrading from a GTX 1080 with a M5 z170 MSI Mother Board, and 2 1 TB SSD, and a i7 6700k. My question is when is it the best time to start purchasing components? I plan on getting a 2k 144hz monitor and definitely a new GFX card and CPU. I play a lot of demanding games. I already have a Noctua D-H15 so I should be good on at least that and possibly the case, power supply and SSD's.

I'd also like to know what you buy.

Last edited:
Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a majority of my stuff on black friday but there's always decent prices about for parts, you just need to do some searching. The majority of my bits were Amazon believe it or believe it not, they were coming back with the best prices at the time.

This was also 2 years ago so it could of all changed!

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
good games dictate when to buy an upgrade. also, i would wait for new gen. gpus

DiddlinRitalinHat

DiddlinRitalinHat

Reaction score
Sin$
I have about 4,000 USD to sink into a new computer, upgrading from a GTX 1080 with a M5 z170 MSI Mother Board, and 2 1 TB SSD, and a i7 6700k. My question is when is it the best time to start purchasing components? I plan on getting a 2k 144hz monitor and definitely a new GFX card and CPU. I play a lot of demanding games. I already have a Noctua D-H15 so I should be good on at least that and possibly the case, power supply and SSD's.

I'd also like to know what you buy.
Wait till DDR5 becomes commercial, because everyone will be getting rid of there motherboards.

Top Bottom
Login
Register