When is AT&T allowing MMS????

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Mag1c, Aug 1, 2009 with 11 replies and 737 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    Well i know back in june at the conference they said "late summer" is august not "late summer?" and why havent we been updated or anything. i want my damn MMS

and i would just like a response. i dont care if i can do it by calling and all that bull.

i want to know when AT&T will officially allow it.

Thanks, anyone?

2. cacrawford

cacrawford Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well, my connections at at&t said that it would be anytime between the 15th and the end of august, i know there is a way to make it work right now, i remember hearing about it. i dont remember how though, sorry man

3. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    yeah i know, i know how to do that. i just cant. its my dads account not mine.

and thank god it will come in august lol. there have just been nooo updates so i have no clue and any hints given are appreciated.

thanks

4. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    I would like to have Mr. T the cell phone man come into this thread. Im sure he can enlighten us with some facts.

5. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It should be enabled in either a carrier update or the 3.1 software update sometime later this month.

6. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It's about damn time. But actually, I really don't care as long as I get it before school starts back up.

7. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    yeah same with me, i just want it by school... it's kind of annoying when people ask.

can i send you a pic? and im like yeah... just email me it. lol

8. Weeam

Weeam Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ohh This has me excited. I'm tired of having to send emails for pictures haha, And the apps I have downloaded suck terribly so It's worth the wait in my opinion.

9. mazdamiata210

mazdamiata210 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Download the custom .ipcc file from here - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Open iTunes and click "Check for Update" while holding the Shift key. Locate the IPCC file and click open.(I think newer versions of itunes blocks this, if that is the case uninstall yours and download this one - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting) Once the update is done, on your iPhone go to Settings > General> Cellular Data Network, and enter under MMS: http://mmsc.cingular.com in the MMSC block and 066.209.011.032:80 in the MMS Proxy block, make sure you don't edit anything else!!! Do a soft restart (hold down the home button and the sleep button until it shuts off). Turn it back on and there you go!!! If messages are still failing to send, take your sim card out and put it in another att phone capable of sending mms messages and use it for about an hour(make phone calls, try sending mms messages, etc...) I've had MMS on my phone since the first beta of 3.0 and it works great! ENJOY!!!

10. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    Wow i fallowed a tutorial on how to do that but it didn't have that step and it only worked like every once in a while but this works flawlessly

I was trying to get MMS from someone and i tried putting my simcard in by blackberry and i didnt even get them
    I did thes restarted my phone and boom i got them when it turned back on.

:thumbup:

11. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
  12. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    i just read through that thread... lot of question about whether or not its fake.

one user posted that the 3.1 beta 3 has the carrier settings and all that to send MMS but ATT has it disabled...

So i guess we just wait... :frown:

BTW i tried the info above and it did not work.