What's new

whay is all BEST game make with unity engine?

H

hexg0d82

Reaction score
Sin$
i want to know what is all BEST game make with unity engine?

Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know completely why but just my opinion. Unity GE (Game engine) is more universal (Actionscript (Javascript clone) C#/ Boo etc.) While other engines only focus on one language e.g. Unreal engine (C++ strict).. Not sure what cryengine uses...

Not to mention that there are HUGE amounts of tutorials/sources/assets/packages for unity for free.

It also has easy imports for low/high end 3d modeling software ( Blender/Maya/Max/Zbrush) etc.

Lot more reasons but get idea.. 
Sorry if I misunderstood the question. The english isn't on point so wasn't sure what was asking lol.

A

Axokep

Reaction score
Sin$
pretty sure like 90% of AAA games these days are all made from unreal engine...

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Unity is a great engine for hobbyist game developers. It is designed around the hobbyist community and thus is user friendly to it. It is powerful and can be used to make AAA games on a variety of platforms. However the realistic lighting and rendering isn't up to par with an engine like UnrealEngine4. Plus, there are performance differences and functionality between the engines when writing C vs a scripting language.

I would recommend both, Amazons Lumberyard seems to be upcoming, high end games are being built with it, might want to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know completely why but just my opinion. Unity GE (Game engine) is more universal (Actionscript (Javascript clone) C#/ Boo etc.) While other engines only focus on one language e.g. Unreal engine (C++ strict).. Not sure what cryengine uses...

Not to mention that there are HUGE amounts of tutorials/sources/assets/packages for unity for free.

It also has easy imports for low/high end 3d modeling software ( Blender/Maya/Max/Zbrush) etc.

Lot more reasons but get idea.. 
Sorry if I misunderstood the question. The english isn't on point so wasn't sure what was asking lol.
Building off that, unity is very versatile in the sense that you can make it run a single level/stage at a time for your game, or a large open world. Engines like cryengine can do that, but don't handle it well because they weren't designed for it. However the downside of unity is actually its script engine. Especially when talking about an open world sense, using actionscript or javascript would definitely slow it down as compared to using c++.

Top Bottom
Login
Register