Whats your favorite/current linux distro

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by bungiekiller980, Jan 21, 2009 with 5 replies and 244 views.

1. bungiekiller980

bungiekiller980 Newbie

Ratings:
    i am currently using ubuntu but i am going to try some more. I have a visto boot disk, xp boot disk, and i am making my linux mint, and i am almost done with slackware. Slackware looks really promosing to me. With linux mint the windows start panel thing looks and functions great especially with people switching from Vista. I do not plan to get trapped with one distro so i am looking for some new ones. So post your current with your likes and dislikes. Also some of your previous distros so i can be warned thanks for your posts.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Not a fan of slackware. I like Ubuntu just because of the ease of use, I've been meaning to try linux xp, just because it seems cool, and linux mint just to try it.

3. OP
    bungiekiller980

bungiekiller980 Newbie

Ratings:
    I just got back from school and i burned my linux mint.iso so that looks good. What did you not like about slackware. And i love ubuntu but i think that is simply because it was my first to my knowledge.

I officialy hate mint i like the theme that came stock. It is too much vista for me way to much i HATEd the vista layout and seeing the ease of ubuntu and how it is organized there is no compatition.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Well generally I'm not a fan of KDE, I'm sure there's a way to use gnome on slackware, but it's not supported normally anymore. Slackware just isn't practical for me.

5. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    I've used Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Knoppix. Out of those three I have liked Ubuntu the most, haven't really taken the time to try others.

6. OP
    bungiekiller980

bungiekiller980 Newbie

Ratings:
    Whats the big deal with slackware i figured bigger is better lol my vista recovery/boot was 200 megs and ubuntu was 600 linux mint was 700 which i guess i didnt like and slack is 3.9 gigs and pleasse be specific on why not