Unsolved Whats wrong with my PS3

• Thread starter D13tC0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 327
D13tC0k3

D13tC0k3

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to JB my PS3 for the first by using Reaper mega jailbreak thread. But I ran in to some issues and I need help in a major way.

Process:

1 Initially I couldnt get e3 flasher to create nor dumps and kept getting errors. After some research I realized that I have attached nor clip in wrong direction.

2. I removed nor clip and placed it correctly. But after that my ps3 was not starting up at all. no power or anything. I figured out that in process I cracked the ribbon of power button. So after several tries I got my ps3 to power up using my PS3 controller by connecting it to my PS3 directly.

After that things went well, I finished the entire tutorial and was able to install Darknet 4.65, installed all the homebrews and I was happy. So after installing homebrews and games I turned the console off, removed nor clip/e3 flasher and reassembled my ps3 properly (without power ribbon because it is cracked) and didnt get to start it again due to holiday.

Last night when I decided to finally turn on my newly JB PS3, it is not starting at all. I know my power button's ribbon is broken so I am trying to power up using ps3 controller but nothing is happening. it is not showing any signs of life.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong with it? I dont think it is bricked because once I connected e3 flasher correctly, after few tries I was able to start my console and entire process went without any hickup but since I removed e3 flasher and reassembled it, it is not turning on at all :cry:

Adatiel

Adatiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you put the power supply cords back in and is it showing red light or making any beeps?

L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Is there any light at all on the console?

F

Falcon

PlayStation Master
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to JB my PS3 for the first by using Reaper mega jailbreak thread. But I ran in to some issues and I need help in a major way.

Process:

1 Initially I couldnt get e3 flasher to create nor dumps and kept getting errors. After some research I realized that I have attached nor clip in wrong direction.

2. I removed nor clip and placed it correctly. But after that my ps3 was not starting up at all. no power or anything. I figured out that in process I cracked the ribbon of power button. So after several tries I got my ps3 to power up using my PS3 controller by connecting it to my PS3 directly.

After that things went well, I finished the entire tutorial and was able to install Darknet 4.65, installed all the homebrews and I was happy. So after installing homebrews and games I turned the console off, removed nor clip/e3 flasher and reassembled my ps3 properly (without power ribbon because it is cracked) and didnt get to start it again due to holiday.

Last night when I decided to finally turn on my newly JB PS3, it is not starting at all. I know my power button's ribbon is broken so I am trying to power up using ps3 controller but nothing is happening. it is not showing any signs of life.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong with it? I dont think it is bricked because once I connected e3 flasher correctly, after few tries I was able to start my console and entire process went without any hickup but since I removed e3 flasher and reassembled it, it is not turning on at all :cry:
I seen this before You broke something off during the removal process I wouldn't doubt it..

Respect_Cartman

Respect_Cartman

Project Mayhem!!
Reaction score
did you put the power supply cords back in and is it showing red light or making any beeps?
He said his cable is broken. 
You may want to use a melmeter to check if power supply is pushing any power to your mobo. You may have damaged the prongs on your mobo that are inserted in your power supply.

Top Bottom