What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion What's the point...

• Thread starter screwhead
  • Start date
  • Views 372
S

screwhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
of adding a bunch of layers, and all that?
I been watching a couple tuts, and well they will make like 13 layers,

can someone explain to me what's the point of it?

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Each layer has something different on it. So if you screw up or something does not look right it's as simple as editing 1 small thing on 1 layer instead of having to redo the whole picture.

S

screwhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Each layer has something different on it. So if you screw up or something does not look right it's as simple as editing 1 small thing on 1 layer instead of having to redo the whole picture.

thanks man.

Raisin RRR

Raisin RRR

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It is for if you mess up and you can edit it individually. It is also so you can put certain things in front of or behind an object or set certain layers to other settings to get differant effects.

D

Devlix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What if you wanted to go back and change the background of the image how are you going to go about this without having the background on a different layer? That is the point of layers.

S

screwhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It is for if you mess up and you can edit it individually. It is also so you can put certain things in front of or behind an object or set certain layers to other settings to get differant effects.

How would I go about say, putting a c4d behind my render?
Get the layer above oneof the copies then merge it down?

Reason I'm asking, because in tutorials they leave one thing out, and I'm lost.

Like I was working on one, then it got to changing the whole color of everythingn, then flatten image, and it ends up looking like youroriginal but better, but when I flatten the img nothing happens :/

Raisin RRR

Raisin RRR

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Like I was working on one, then it got to changing the whole color of everythingn, then flatten image, and it ends up looking like youroriginal but better, but when I flatten the img nothing happens :/
You would put the c4d layer under the render layer.

UBA Fatman UBA

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Aside from letting you go back and fix stuff, you can also put stuff behind other stuff and take advantage of transparency easier.

Since we herd you like stuff, we put stuff in your stuff so you can cool story bro while you cool story bro. (Don't ask)

C

Chrskyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lolz fyi layers ftw

i know i know.

but serially they are important dont undermind them

Itz veXXum

Itz veXXum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

If you have put effects around your render and cant go back to just plaster the c4d behind it, then what you can do is duplicate the original render layer and put it in front of the c4d, then change its blending mode to something like overlay or soft light so you keep to colors of your sig.

Top Bottom
Login
Register