What's new

Solved Whats the best way to use 3 of coins?

  • Thread starter FearedDuck
  • Start date
  • Views 3,223
F

FearedDuck

Newbie
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I recently spent all my strange coins to buy 30 3 of coins so i'd like to know whats the best way to utilize them
 
7

711

Made in Australia
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
1,925
i think the best way is to do the Scourge Of Winter mission on venus, get to the where Draksis is and proceed to knock down his health once he is low, pop a 3oC then kills some adds for 30-60secs then rocket yourself when near Draksis, it will kill you and Draksis, after that the mission will restart to the previous CP repeat the same steps and you should be fine.

**Note with my testing i got an engram every 5 3oC so good luck!!**
 
Last edited by a moderator:
C

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Messages
811
Reaction score
180
wrong section :tongue: but i'll answer your question!

i think the best way is to do the Scourge Of Winter mission on venus, get to the where Draksis is and proceed to knock down his health once he is low, pop a 3oC then kills some adds for 30-60secs then rocket yourself when near Draksis, it will kill you and Draksis, after that the mission will restart to the previous CP repeat the same steps and you should be fine.

**Note with my testing i got an engram every 5 3oC so good luck!!**
This was patched, for two reasons if I'm not mistaken. One, they patched killing yourself and getting an exotic drop and two, there's a 15 min cool down now between the use of three of coins. The most effective way right now is either, doing the gatelords eye quest, killing gate Lord backing out and switching characters with 3 characters it takes about 6-7 mins, so you still need to wait 8 mins before doing again. The next effective way is popping them while grinding strikes. Just be mindful of the time so you're not wasting them.
 
7

711

Made in Australia
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
1,925
This was patched, for two reasons if I'm not mistaken. One, they patched killing yourself and getting an exotic drop and two, there's a 15 min cool down now between the use of three of coins. The most effective way right now is either, doing the gatelords eye quest, killing gate Lord backing out and switching characters with 3 characters it takes about 6-7 mins, so you still need to wait 8 mins before doing again. The next effective way is popping them while grinding strikes. Just be mindful of the time so you're not wasting them.
i've doubt they patched it because i do it all the time ....
 
C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
1,008
Use them in strikes, basically each coins that doesn't give you an exotic engram will have a buff of 10% for the next coin ( each popped coin has a 10% chance of dropping an exotic ) and they cap at 80% ( so by the 8th coin, if you haven't gotten any exotics, you'll have an 80% chance of getting one ) and using coins too fast ( farming ultras such as Draksis ) will stop the buff from stacking, meaning all your coins will only have 10% chance and it'll stay at that no matter how many more coins you use.

The cooldown between each coins is somewhere between 5 to 15 mins and that's why using them in strikes is the best option, use one as soon as you spawn in a strike, finish it and kill the boss and use another one as soon as you spawn in the next strike.
 
7

711

Made in Australia
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
1,925
Use them in strikes, basically each coins that doesn't give you an exotic engram will have a buff of 10% for the next coin ( each popped coin has a 10% chance of dropping an exotic ) and they cap at 80% ( so by the 8th coin, if you haven't gotten any exotics, you'll have an 80% chance of getting one ) and using coins too fast ( farming ultras such as Draksis ) will stop the buff from stacking, meaning all your coins will only have 10% chance and it'll stay at that no matter how many more coins you use.

The cooldown between each coins is somewhere between 5 to 15 mins and that's why using them in strikes is the best option, use one as soon as you spawn in a strike, finish it and kill the boss and use another one as soon as you spawn in the next strike.
the way i do draksis isn't that bad.
 
C

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
1,008
the way i do draksis isn't that bad.

You still aren't getting a buff from your coins by farming draksis. So you're stuck at the 10% chance of an exotic which is really low, unless of course you're waiting 15 minutes or so between each kill then it's a really waste of time and you're gonna be getting loot and whatnot that you normally would by just running strikes
 
7

711

Made in Australia
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
1,925
They did if you can't read then I'm sorry for you lol. Go through their weekly updates eveytime you used a coin you gotta wait some time lol it's still possible getting engrams though but it's easier doing strikes now or the character thingy where you change your char kinderguardians nowadays lmao
i don't know why you're getting defensive when i'm trying to voice my opinion.
 
7

711

Made in Australia
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
1,925
So what you are saying is that this is an opinion and you not being stupid? OKAY M8
i appreciate your concern for my well being but rest assured i'm not stupid, if you want to try and talk me down go ahead it will just make you look silly.

and OP if you want another way to use 3oC effectively do some heroic strikes. why ? usually they take longer to do then the normal strike playlist so you won't have to wait for the 15min timer just pop one right before the boss dies :smile:
 
I

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Messages
4,035
Reaction score
1,886
This was patched, for two reasons if I'm not mistaken. One, they patched killing yourself and getting an exotic drop and two, there's a 15 min cool down now between the use of three of coins. The most effective way right now is either, doing the gatelords eye quest, killing gate Lord backing out and switching characters with 3 characters it takes about 6-7 mins, so you still need to wait 8 mins before doing again. The next effective way is popping them while grinding strikes. Just be mindful of the time so you're not wasting them.
How do you know the cooldown is 15 minutes for the buff?


I've done eye of the gate lord with the switching characters and actually had pretty good luck with it, but now instead of doing all that switching characters bulls*** I will just hit eye of the gate lord every time I come back from the tower, after I finish a crucible match, whenever I first sign on, etc. etc. You can do heroic strikes and maybe get legendary engrams along the way as well, but some of the strikes take way longer than it takes for the 3oC buff to come back and isn't really the most time effective. Just keep hitting the gate lord and whatever other ultras you run into.
 
M

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Messages
450
Reaction score
404
:smile:
I recently spent all my strange coins to buy 30 3 of coins so i'd like to know whats the best way to utilize them

The best way to utilize them is by looking at a clock, and watching when you used your last one, C Carl Johnson described to a T what works.

For me, Draksis has been patched, when killing him and myself, it completes the mission, so does the Gatelord. So having to repeat the mission for a chance and nothing more, is not worth it. Run any strike you prefer, and keep the time in mind, you WILL get exotics this way. And be sure to ONLY use 1 at a time... or you will burn through those 30 like no tomorrow, Good luck! 307+ light will get you 310 exotics from those engrams ^^

Cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
N

npezzer82

Enthusiast
Messages
97
Reaction score
19
when doing strikes wait until you are on your third strike then just before boss fight put on 2-3 three of coins and you usually certain to get a exotic drop
 
J

John Fredrickson

Newbie
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
@CHICK3NS
Just so you know bro theres no cooldown for 3oc get in there and farm it up son lol

 
E

ErroRMoDz

Members Only™
Messages
457
Reaction score
181
pop them before every match in crucible if you play crucible. Otherwise pop them before any heroic strikes or legendary
 
Top Bottom