What's new

Discussion Whats the best way to improve accuracy?

• Thread starter Miticus
  • Start date
  • Views 904
Miticus

Miticus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
An answer like " practice " isn't exactly what I'm looking for nor is it really helpful. But anything that'll help will be greatly appreciated.

Mikey

Mikey

Experienced Member
Bright Idea Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Burst Fire, less recoil and seems more professional. Dont hold down the trigger and dont spam the trigger by tapping it like 9034542390 times.... 3-4 shots stop and shoot again.

Face

Face

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Plan your shots, and aim down those sights, you can also always slap a grip on your guns.

MrCoppa

XxYBzxX Coppa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean? What type of weapon?

Sniper rifles, you need to time your shots more. Don't think you'll be an insta-grizz by playing a game or two, this is Black Ops, it requires some sort of skill to use the sniper rifles as a run'n'gun weapon. Start by actually sniping, y'know, staying in a few spots picking off enemies, then start making the scope in time shorter and shorter, and then try moving around a bit more quickscoping and practise until you are confident running around w/ Lightweight + Marathon + SOH and your rifle.

Assault rifles (Fully Auto), just burst fire.

Assault Rifles (3 Round Burst), line up your shot to the centre of their stomach so all 3 bullets hit, generally causing a one burst kill. Don't just try and snap onto their head, because only one shot will usually hit, two if you go for their chest.

Battle Rifles (FN FAL, M14), don't spam the trigger. There's a reason they're not fully auto. They pack a punch, time your shots instead of using the classic 'TRIGGER TRIGGER TRIGGER' until you finally down an enemy after going through two clips.

SMGs, they're not long range weapons. Always try and control the engagement so you can use their mobility and fire rate to your advantage. If you like to hipfire, run steady aim w/ extended mags on your SMG. Otherwise, use SOH w/ rapid fire / grip. Control the engagement and your shots will hit more.

That's how to improve accuracy with pretty much any gun in the game.

And remember - Hit detection is fine in this game. You have to take into account ping of other players!

4 Bars = 1-99
3 Bars = 100-199
2 Bars = 200-299
1 Bar = 300+

Anything other than 4 bar is generally bad unless most other people in the lobby have less than 4 bars too. 100 ping in CoD behaves like 200 ping in CS for some reason. More going on I guess.

19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
o_O Don't suck?
closedeyes.gif

No, really. Just burst your weapons if you;re not like 2 feet away from the person. Its not hard at all.

Miticus

Miticus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the help! I mostly needed work on where I'd be off guard when someone appears out of nowhere and that's where I'd get in trouble.

Two weeks ago my accuracy was about 17.65 and right now it dipped down to 17.49 ... Yikes!... but during this time I'm killing people much quicker as I upped my score per minute to the 300s now as oppose to the 260's-270's. Which one would you guys rather have, the higher accuracy or having yur score per minute up there.

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the help! I mostly needed work on where I'd be off guard when someone appears out of nowhere and that's where I'd get in trouble.
WELCOME TO BLACK OPS.where people spawn from out of thin fn air.you can stand in there spawn and they will still appear in front of You .I hope mw3 spawn system is better than this failure.

Anyway ot burst firing is the best way .it helps to aim at peoples feet as well due to the recoil carrying ,that and it helps against the
Lame second vagina perk ..

ots e.

And remember - Hit detection is fine in this game. You have to take into account ping of other players!
1 Bar = 300+
Are you high? hit detection is fine is this game .no sir it is far from fine .using your logic I should have the advantage over anyone
When I host with less bars .you are also incorrect with bo having 4 bars does not always mean you will get that ping.I have had 128 plus ping with black ops on 4 bars.I had utorrent on just to test the daft 4 bar theory .I then turn it off with a 32 ping and get 2 bars .
You also forgot to mention the lag compensation which treayarch put in so 4 bars would mean f all really ..

Top Bottom
Login
Register