What's new

Discussion What's a good editing software?

• Thread starter Deleted member 552650
  • Start date
  • Views 1,001
D

Deleted member 552650

Freeze Menu
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm making a video for youtube and i wanted to know a good simple software to just add captions and picture overlays and be able go to the seconds you want it to be at

Operating System
  1. Windows
Teh Jinx

Teh Jinx

Kinx
EotM Services Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Just follow these screenshots I made:
Captions:
zgx9.png

Search "Cropping tutorial" if you're not sure.
NkmbuHe.png

Picture overlays:
Make sure picture is on top of the video track.
Xz78waJ.png

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
ArcSoft Showbiz is a free video editing software I received with my Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition. It does the job.

xScopeLess

xScopeLess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Learn Sony Vegas FIRST, then once you get comfortable, then move on to After Effects.
Sony Vegas teaches you the basics, to intermediate level editing, After Effects teaches you to play with your resources, you can do more with After Effects, but I like Sony Vegas better because I feel as though it's more precise, in a way.

So get both.

I would also invest some time with Boujou, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Adobe Premier Pro, and Adobe Photoshop.

Teh Jinx

Teh Jinx

Kinx
EotM Services Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Learn Sony Vegas FIRST, then once you get comfortable, then move on to After Effects.
Sony Vegas teaches you the basics, to intermediate level editing, After Effects teaches you to play with your resources, you can do more with After Effects, but I like Sony Vegas better because I feel as though it's more precise, in a way.

So get both.

I would also invest some time with Boujou, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Adobe Premier Pro, and Adobe Photoshop.
This thread is fairly old now and he only needed software to add captions and stuff, not for extreme editing. His problem has been resolved too.

R

Ralph Steven

Reaction score
Sin$
You can try Camtasia Studio. It is very easy to use. This program offers fewer editing options but I think it is right for what you need

Top Bottom
Login
Register