Whats a bridger, standbyer?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by souljaboijc, Dec 21, 2008 with 12 replies and 2,295 views.

1. souljaboijc

souljaboijc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i am new to se7ensins and the boosting thing. I was wondering if anyone could explain a bridger and standbyer. ty:smile:

2. TaylorBoy

TaylorBoy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im not so sure myself but i believe a bridger is someone who uses there PC / Laptop which ever to become a host within a certain game by brdiging their router to there xbox and pc. There are a few threads around especially in the Gears Of War 2 section if you need any more help.

As for a Standbyer i believe it is someone who has a router with a standby button in which they can lag the game or some sort. Again search around the forum for a better explanation.

Hope this helped :tongue:.

p.s sorry if anything is wrong with the above.

• Like Like x 1
  3. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Standbyer is someone who presses the standby button on their modem or takes the ethernet cord in and out in order to screw with the other player's connections to make them lag. You have to be host to do this.

Bridging is when you set up a bridge with your connections in order for you computer to see what's going on with your Xbox. It's mostly used to "bridge host" or make sure they are host of the game. This is important when standbying or modding. Someone will bridge the standbyer or modder host so they can do their thing.

Boosting is when you have 3 bridgers. The bridgers have everyone's IP address in trusted and their firewalls on high. In the instance of circle boosting you'll have 5 players circling and 3 low level players permenantly losing.

Or you can straight boost which means exactly how it sounds. You'll have a high level account you want to drain permenantly lose while four people mooch off it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TaylorBoy

TaylorBoy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :tongue: Much better explaination.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    souljaboijc

souljaboijc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ty now i pretty much understand:smile:

6. BloodHound4444

BloodHound4444 Newbie

Ratings:
  7. Flashdeboobies

Flashdeboobies Newbie

Ratings:
    i think i have it all good,, but can anyone help me outon halo? ill bridge them and see if i got it all good?

8. Jersey360

Jersey360 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ummm i might can:thumbup:

9. adidas99

adidas99 Newbie

Ratings:
  10. VexxVoid

VexxVoid Semi Colon Close Parenthesis

Ratings:
    Nice B-rad!

Oh and some people use homemade lag-switches to standby also,
    [Guilty] once upon a time.

11. Itz Beasted

Itz Beasted Newbie

Ratings:
    Standbying and Lag switching are basically the same thing, its when someone mods their internet wire so they can lag everyone up. its a very bad way to play the game, and if you're not good enough to play, dont cheat to win.

12. Reaper9678

Reaper9678 Newbie

Ratings:
    You seriously did not just say that is this not a cheating forum????

13. Fooky

Fooky Getting There

Ratings:

If you going to put stuff like that y even comment on a cheating website i mean seriously ppl like you are irritating make an acc on MLGPRO.com and talk about how good you are and dont come to this site about how ppl who cheat are bad. you make an acc here knowing wut it is...