What's new

Discussion What windows Operating system do you use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1012417
  • Start date
  • Views 9,720
D

Deleted member 1012417

Reaction score
Sin$
What OS do you use? Windows 10? Windows 98? Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8?
Don't be embarrassed if you use an older OS. Sure if we didn't have the old ones the new ones wouldn't of existed.

I am a user of Windows 10 and Windows 7.

What are you?

Operating System
  1. Windows
Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
10. Shouldn't this be a poll? xD

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Se7en is my main OS at home. At school I use the dreadful win10 on my client, and Windows Server 2012, usually running as a guest OS on VMware ESXi. For testing purposes I use XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, and Windows 8.1 which I also use on one of the PCs at work.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 10, although im starting to shift into OS X in a vm!

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I ask you why you choose W10 over W7? Legitimately wondering if I should upgrade, although I don't see any pros.
My main device is a Surface Pro 3, so running Windows 7 isn't as favorable for my device. As I'll lose a lot of touch screen capabilities due to a lack of driver support.

As for my experience with Windows 10, I have yet to encounter an issue that I couldn't resolve with a quick Google search, or just messing around with prior knowledge.

I've not encountered majority of the issues that people post about. Such as missing drivers for hardware, failure to activate, BSoD's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I do have my personal quirks that I would change about the OS, or wish was different, but it definitely is a lot better than Windows 8.x, and possibly even Windows 7.

If you want to try it out to make sure you'd personally like it, I'd suggest dual booting it before actually upgrading your main machine. That should let you see accurately how it will run for you.

Last edited:
stepto

stepto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My main device is a Surface Pro 3, so running Windows 7 isn't as favorable for my device. As I'll lose a lot of touch screen capabilities due to a lack of driver support.

As for my experience with Windows 10, I have yet to encounter an issue that I couldn't resolve with a quick Google search, or just messing out with prior knowledge.

I've not encountered majority of the issues that people post about. Such as missing drivers for hardware, failure to activate, BSoD's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I do have my personally quirks that I would change about the OS, or wish was different, but it definitely is a lot better than Windows 8.x, and possibly even Windows 7.

If you want to try it out to make sure you'd personally like it, I'd suggest dual booting it before actually upgrading your main machine. That should let you see accurately how it will run for you.
Thanks for your quick response, Cakes. :smile:
I might consider taking your advice on dual-booting, thank you.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Reaction score
Sin$
T
The free windows 10 upgrade gives you a month free to revert beck to windows 7, and If you make a backup you can restore to that to.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Reaction score
Sin$
I use 8.1
I have to be honest, i think the base Windows 8 (not 8.1) was one of my favourites, I was one of the few people who liked no start menu, but hated the tiles.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, dual booting Windows 10 is the best way for someone skeptical about the upgrade to check it out effectively.
T

The free windows 10 upgrade gives you a month free to revert beck to windows 7, and If you make a backup you can restore to that to.
This is a plausible option to take. However, dual booting is definitely safer. If he upgrades his Windows 7 install and encounters an issue where his OS is unusable, he won't be able to revert back to Windows 7 via the utility. If he encounters the same type of issue on a dual booted copy, his Windows 7 partition will be safe. :smile:

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 7

If there was a necessity to upgrade, I'd probably do so, but everything runs smoothly without any issues, so might as well stay with it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register