What's new

Discussion What Type of Player Are You? | RDR2

Just who the hell do you think you are, BOI?!

• Cold-Blooded Outlaw {Dishonorable}

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I skirt along the line of Good & Bad, Black Lung.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Somewhere in the middle.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Good Samaritan {Honorable}

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
39f5d63cd6557cc38630e29dc6371502.png

I'm fairly sure I already know what most of the responses are going to be here but I wanted to garner a general consensus regardless of my predetermined expectations.

Drop it down below, and don't forget the poll!!! You can only vote once, so make it count you dirty bastards.

Yes, that is my screenshot of Marston cooking up a steak next to the corpse of a damn O'Driscoll. No, you may not use it. :wink:

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, my Honour rating is at its lowest because of cop farming but otherwise I try my best to play honourably. There's always caution whenever people come up to me but I don't fire until fired upon, and if people kill me I don't make a point of going after them. I don't see the point more than anything.

In GTA, the most expensive thing in the game was expenditure on ammunition. More than cars, more than apartments, more than clothes. Etc. In a game where glitches don't really exist at this point and none of us really have much of a chance of being John D. Rockefeller, ammunition is best saved for when it's needed hunting, showdown or PvE story missions. It may appear cheap at first but over time and used liberally, it's a drain.

But who knows. Maybe that says a lot when the only motivation for not being a total **** is not having lots of cash. Up to others to make that choice. For the while though, you can come fishing with me in peace of you like. For the while.

Two people, one Whitetail buck. Only one way that can go, and I'm not eating classic oatcakes tonight.

Sky Air

Sky Air

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a survivor, I do what I have to get around in this game. That doesn't mean I'm gonna out right kill you or troll you. As long as you're doing your thing and not bothering me i'll leave you to be. Attack me, I'll get you with my bolt action rifle and dead eye. I farm whatever XP whenever I get the chance, steal loot whenever I get the chance, make MUNEH whenever I get the chance. I play the game mission as supposed and try to get done soon as possible. Low honor from farming but not a bad guy.

Last edited:
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a survivor, I do what I have to get around in this game. That doesn't mean I'm gonna out right kill you or troll you. As long as you're doing your thing and not bothering me i'll leave you to be. Attack me, I'll get you with my bolt action rifle and dead eye. I farm whatever XP whenever I get the chance, steal loot whenever I get the chance, make MUNEH whenever I get the chance. I play the game mission as supposed and try to get done soon as possible. Low honor from farming but not a bad guy.

Oh btw everyone, I did mean how you play in story mode as well, if you'd like to lay out your playstyle in that mode as well. If it differs from Online, that is. Me personally, I was a complete savage of a person in singleplayer. Taking full advantage of all the crazy mechanics and situations the game offers up. Throwing people off cliffs, shooting people in the head that needed assistance out in the open Heartlands (not every single time tbf. Sometimes I was a bit more forgiving.) and just causing general chaos everywhere I went. Simply because this is easily the best Wild West/Outlaw sandbox game that I've ever come across. Of course, completing missions is a different story - they aren't as open-ended as just roaming about.

Online though, for the short week or two that I played it, I was much more like Sky Air Sky Air here playing as a survivor. Just trying to get by and not die, making money the best I could with the sh*t means that were given to us, avoiding other players when possible because the PvP is so unbalanced and not enjoyable at all imo. Almost a 180 from my singleplayer vibes, but not completely. We'll see if that changes at all down the road with the addition of new content and better money glitches, but I doubt I'll ever be as brutal in Online as I am in story mode. I just don't have tryhard/griefer in my blood. Trolling? Yes. Turning on a game for the sole purpose of pissing off other people, whom I do not know, who live in places which speak a language I can't understand? Nah.

Mary Jane Phillips

Mary Jane Phillips

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm the moseying, sage chewing cow-girl. I farm and grind, usually trotting around trouble.
If trouble can't be escaped, though, I can chew on griefer, horse and saddle.

Last edited:
Sky Air

Sky Air

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh btw everyone, I did mean how you play in story mode as well, if you'd like to lay out your playstyle in that mode as well. If it differs from Online, that is. Me personally, I was a complete savage of a person in singleplayer. Taking full advantage of all the crazy mechanics and situations the game offers up. Throwing people off cliffs, shooting people in the head that needed assistance out in the open Heartlands (not every single time tbf. Sometimes I was a bit more forgiving.) and just causing general chaos everywhere I went. Simply because this is easily the best Wild West/Outlaw sandbox game that I've ever come across. Of course, completing missions is a different story - they aren't as open-ended as just roaming about.

Online though, for the short week or two that I played it, I was much more like Sky Air Sky Air here playing as a survivor. Just trying to get by and not die, making money the best I could with the sh*t means that were given to us, avoiding other players when possible because the PvP is so unbalanced and not enjoyable at all imo. Almost a 180 from my singleplayer vibes, but not completely. We'll see if that changes at all down the road with the addition of new content and better money glitches, but I doubt I'll ever be as brutal in Online as I am in story mode. I just don't have tryhard/griefer in my blood. Trolling? Yes. Turning on a game for the sole purpose of pissing off other people, whom I do not know, who live in places which speak a language I can't understand? Nah.
oh, well i'm the good guy in story.

Last edited:
A

Alphaba412

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I ever killed anybody I this game... either they shot at me 1st or they killed me 1st... I'm about my money most of the time

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
In Story first play through was my good guy/realistic run, helping others who needed help, and shooting those who needed to be shot. Second(current) is my true 100% completionist play through(already got 100% on first run, now going for all items/gold on all missions/all side missions etc.). I also have a save I will be using for an outlaw/goof around run, killing anyone within range and finishing story with max negative honor.

In Online I am the hermit type, only going into town to sell items, avoiding others. I'm just stacking money and gold for when updates start dropping, I want a farm or ranch, or better yet a small secluded log cabin. Then I'll probably spend most of my time there.

I

IShadowzzI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried being a good Samaritan player but the story missions kept giving me outlaw ratings so I gave up and just robbed/killed everyone.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Currently I dont play rdr kinda bored with it. But I was the kind of player that rode his horse to your camp, lassoed you, hogtied you, and picked you up and threw you in your own campfire.

Zecold

Zecold

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m the guy who will load up your camp trader site with full material and carry all the prisoners but in team fights I just go for downs no aim assist or red marker showcasing my crit chance

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I play honorable 90% of the time until I get grieved, well once that happens all bets are off and I just go all out.

M

MissyCrissy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am alot of PVE and RolePlay Player. I like hunting the most and gathering. I love to enjoy the world and the sounds they have created . I really love horses and i own all of them. Its just a wonderful virtual world to fall into

Top Bottom
Login
Register